February 23, 2004
4543 Garth Road
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Dear Mr. Fox:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on February 17, 2004, by a vote of 7:0, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors. Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. Residential uses shall be allowed in a mixed-use development as generally shown on the concept plan entitled, “Crozet Commons Concept Plan” dated 2/3/04.
2. In keeping with the illustration entitled “Crozet Commons (color rendering)” dated 3/22/00, the following features of the development will be provided:
a. a sidewalk and street trees shall be provided across the public road frontage.
b. a “downtown” type streetscape shall be provided that includes the scale and alignment of building shown in the illustration.
3. A maximum of 10 dwelling units shall be allowed in the mixed-use development.
4. Residential uses may be mixed with other C-1 uses within buildings or may be in separate buildings.
5. If residential uses are mixed with other C-1 uses within a building; there shall be no commercial uses on floors above residential uses other than home occupations.
6. The following uses shall not be allowed on the parcel because of incompatibilities between residential and nonresidential uses (See Section 22 of Albemarle County Zoning Ordinance in effect on 2/17/04, attached):
a. funeral homes
b. movie theaters
c. automobile service stations
d. fire and rescue stations
e. automobile truck repair shop
f. medical center
7. A medical office may be allowed provided the office hours are between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
8. A convenience store may be allowed provided the hours of operation are between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
9. Interparcel vehicular and pedestrian access to the adjoining parcels shall be provided at locations shown on the conceptual plan or otherwise approved by the director of planning within the department of community development.
10. A condominium regime will be established for unified ownership and maintenance of the real property.
11. The concept plan referenced in these conditions is not considered a “site plan” meeting the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance; therefore, a subsequent site plan is required.
View staff report
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on March 3, 2004. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me (434) 296-5823.
Elaine Echols, AICP
Cc: Ella Carey
Clason Land Trust