COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
Take a minute to share your thoughts about Albemarle County Boards and Commissions
|Board/Commission Name||Crozet Community Advisory Committee|
|Introduction/Overview/Duties||The Advisory Committees will provide assistance, feedback and input to County staff and the Board of Supervisors on community and county efforts related to implementation and support of the adopted Master Plan, in accordance with established county procedures. Advisory Committee members will communicate with their constituencies to increase understanding of and support for successful implementation of the Master Plan. The membership is broad-based to incorporate a variety of perspectives and ideas and to provide citizens, business people, and representatives of community groups a chance to be engaged and to be heard in a constructive and meaningful way.
The Committees will be a catalyst for helping foster a sense of community and work towards effective and efficient Master Plan implementation. Committees are a venue to discuss and provide comments on program and policy questions and/or proposals. Community Advisory Committees are an important venue for discussion and Committees can provide feedback and indicate preferences related to development proposals, although Committees do not have a legislative role in the development process.
1.Serve as liaisons
2. Gather input from constituencies represented and bring these issues to the attention of staff and the Committee, and distribute information from the Committee back to constituents.
3. Stimulate creative thinking in examining implementation issues and identify ways of using community resources to meet implementation needs and challenges.
4. Provide advisory input, comments, and information to the Board of Supervisors on new and emerging policies, projects, and programs as requested.
5. Maintain a forward-looking agenda with respect to adopted Master Plans and policies of the Board of Supervisors. Committee meetings are not the appropriate venue to oppose adopted policy.
6. Commit to support and work to implement the adopted Master Plan.
7. Work with Staff to provide an annual report of activities to the Board of Supervisors in accordance with the Board of Supervisorsí adopted Rules of Procedure for Boards and Commissions.
|Length of Term||Members may serve two consecutive terms. After initial appointments, terms will be for 2 years.|
|Frequency/Times for Meetings||To be determined.|
|Membership||The Board of Supervisors shall appoint ten to fifteen members. In addition, there wil be a liaison from both the Planning Commission and the Board of Supervisors.|
|Qualifications||Members shall consist of residents of the Community of Crozet, with representation of the following:
1. Community of Crozet citizens at large members 2)
2. Business community 2)
3. Other potential community representatives 8):
Claudius Crozet Park Board
Jefferson Madison Regional Library
Crozet Community Association
Parent Teacher Organization members from either the High School, Middle School, Elementary School
Public Safety representative i.e. Crozet Volunteer Fire Department or Rescue Squad
Other organizations or representatives
|County Members/Term Expiration||Thomas Loach - Term Expires 03/31/2019
Kim Guenther - Term Expires 03/31/2018
Alice (Allie) Pesch - Term Expires 03/31/2019
Jon McKeon - Term Expires 03/31/2019
Shawn Bird - Term Expires 03/31/2019
Martin Violette - Term Expires 03/31/2018
Doug Bates - Term Expires 03/31/2019
Kostas Alibertis - Term Expires 03/31/2018
James King - Term Expires 03/31/2018
Dean Eliason - Term Expires 03/31/2018
Leslie Burns - Term Expires 03/31/2018
Sandra Mears - Term Expires 03/31/2019
David Stoner - Term Expires 03/31/2018
Philip Best - Term Expires 03/31/2018
Timothy Kunkel - Term Expires 03/31/2019
Jennie More, Planning Commission Liaison
Ann Mallek, Board of Supervisors Liaison - Term Expires 12/31/2017
|Web site for more information||www.albemarle.org/ccac|
Return to Boards & Commissions Page
Return to Board of Supervisors Page