1. Call to Order.
2. 3:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. - Capital Improvements Program. (Trevor Henry, Director of the Office of Facilities Development)
3. 4:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. - Objectives for Years Two and Three of the FY 15-17 Strategic Plan (Louise Wyatt, Organizational Development Manager)
4. 4:45 p.m. - Closed Meeting.
5. Reconvene and Call to Order.
6. Certify Closed Meeting.
7. Pledge of Allegiance.
8. Moment of Silence.
9. Adoption of Final Agenda.
10. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
11. Proclamations and Recognitions:
a. Business Appreciation Month 2015, (Adrian Felts, Operations Manager, Battelle Charlottesville)
12. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
13. Consent Agenda (on next page).
14. PROJECT: CLE-2015-00041. Ms. Lala’s Child Care (Delois Grady). (Previously approved by CLE201400041). MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio. PROPOSED: Special exception to allow for an existing family day home to continue operation to care for up to 12 children in a residence and may include one employee on a part-time basis. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: PUD Planned Unit Development – residential (3 – 34 units per acre), mixed with commercial, service and industrial uses. SECTION: 20.3.1 13. Family day homes (reference 5.1.56). COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND. USE/DENSITY: Urban Density Residential - residential (6.01-34 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, commercial, office and service uses in the Places 29 Development Area (Neighborhood 1). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: 64 Woodlake Drive. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 061X2000W00800. (Rebecca Ragsdale, Senior Planner)
15. PROJECT: SP-2015-00004. Gordonsville-Somerset Rebuild Project (Signs #45&46). MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 03700-00-00-01100, 03700-00-00-011A0, 03700-00-00-011B0. LOCATION: 8258 Gordonsville Road. PROPOSAL: Replace existing electrical-transmission-line, and replace existing wooden poles with steel structures approximately 16 feet taller PETITION: Energy and communications transmission facilities under section 10.2.2.6 of the Zoning Ordinance (reference 5.1.12). No dwelling units proposed. ZONING: RA Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Rural Areas – preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (0.5 unit/ acre in development lots). (Scott Clark, Senior Planner)
16. Shenandoah National Park Annual Presentation, Jim Northup, Superintendent.
17. Albemarle County Service Authority Quarterly Report, Gary O’Connell, Executive Director.
18. Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority Quarterly Report, Tom Frederick, Executive Director.
19. CPA-2013-01. Comprehensive Plan Update/Amendment. (Elaine Echols, Principal Planner)
20. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
21. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
FOR APPROVAL (action required):
13.1 Set public hearing for June 3, 2015, on an ordinance to amend Chapter 2, Administration, of the Albemarle County Code, to amend Section 2-202, Compensation of board of supervisors, to increase the compensation of the members of the Board of Supervisors by an inflation factor of 2.3% effective July 1, 2015.
13.2 Resolution to accept road(s) in Dunlora Forest Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways. (Rio Magisterial District) (Glenn Brooks)
13.3 Resolution to accept road(s) in Haden Place Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways. (White Hall Magisterial District). (Glenn Brooks)
13.4 SDP-2014-075 Cascadia, Block 1-3- Final Site Plan- Special exception to authorize variations from the Code of Development for ZMA 2002-004. (Rivanna Magisterial District) (Megan Yaniglos)
13.5 Resolution Providing Board Comments on Proposed Policy Change to the Comprehensive Services Act. (Doug Walker)
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|