1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. Nora Gillespie, former Director of the Central Virginia Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:45 a.m. - PUBLIC HEARINGS:
9. Ordinance to amend County Code Chapter 15, Taxation, Article XII, Food and Beverage Tax. To receive comments on its intent to adopt an ordinance to amend Chapter 15, Taxation, Article XII, Food and Beverage Tax, of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed ordinance would amend and reorganize section 15-1202, Exemptions, to parallel and conform with Virginia Code § 58.1-3833. Betty Burrell, Director of Finance
10. Proposed Ordinance to establish a School Bus Video-Monitoring System. To receive comments on its intent to adopt an ordinance to add Article VIII, Video Monitoring System, to Chapter 9, Motor Vehicles and Traffic, of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed ordinance authorizes the School Division to install and operate video-monitoring systems in or on the Division’s school buses and/or procure the services of a vendor to provide video-monitoring systems services; imposes a $250.00 civil penalty for the operator of a vehicle who is found to have failed to stop his vehicle for a school bus that is stopped on any road or school driveway for the purpose of loading or unloading children, the elderly, or mentally or physically handicapped persons, makes the payment of any civil penalties imposed payable to the School Division, and bars the criminal prosecution for the violation when a civil penalty is imposed. Ron Lantz, Deputy Chief of Police for Operations, and Dean Tistadt Chief Operating Officers for School Division
10:10 a.m. – Action Items:
11. Video Streaming Board of Supervisors Meetings. Lee Catlin, Assistant to the County Executive for Community and Business Partnerships
10:30 a.m. – Recess
10:40 a.m. – Action Items:
12. Albemarle County Long Range Solid Waste Solutions Advisory Committee. Doug Walker, Assistant County Executive
13. Public Defender Salary Supplements. Bill Letteri, Assistant County Executive
14. Board of Supervisors Rules of Procedures and Meeting Process Improvements.
a. Proposed amendments to Rules of Procedures. Larry Davis, County Attorney
b. Discussion of Meeting Process Improvements. Tom Foley, County Executive
11:40 a.m. - Discussion:
15. Innovation Fund Update. Lee Catlin
16. Courts Project Public Engagement Process and discussion follow-up. Lee Catlin and Trevor Henry, Director of the Office of Facilities Development
17. 12:10 noon - Closed Meeting.
18. Certify Closed Meeting.
19. 1:30 p.m. - Boards and Commissions: Vacancies/Appointments.
1:35 p.m. - Discussion:
20. Public Review Process for County Projects. Trevor Henry and Wayne Cilimberg, Director of Planning
21. Business Assistance Program During Road Construction (continued from June 11, 2014). Lee Catlin
a. Route 29 Project Delivery Advisory Panel.
22. Review of Feedback on FY15 Budget Process and Discussion of ideas for Joint Meeting with the School Board. Lori Allshouse, Director of the Office of Management and Budget
3:00 p.m. Presentations:
23. Virginia Pre-School Initiative “Bright Stars” Graduate Report. Ann McAndrew, Bright Stars Program Coordinator
24. Board-to-Board, Communications Report from School Board, School Board Chairman. Ned Galloway
24a. Action: Highway Trust Fund.
3:30 p.m. – 4:55 p.m. – Recess
25. 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – CPA-2013-01. Comprehensive Plan Update/Amendment, to begin with public comments and possible Board direction. Elaine Echols, Principal Planner.
26. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
27. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
28. Adjourn to July 8, 2014, 5:00 p.m., Room 241.
8.1 Approval of Minutes: August 14, August 21, October 2, October 9, November 6, December 4, and December 12, 2013; and February 5, February 21, March 27, and April 10, 2014.
8.2 FY 2015 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
8.3 Appointment of Shawn Maddox as Assistant Fire Marshal with Police Powers.
8.4 SDP-2012-00015. Ivy Fire Station Site Plan Amendment – Special Exception to Authorize Waiver.
8.5 Roadway Lighting Program.
8.6 County Grant Application/Award Report.
8.7 VDOT Culpeper District, Albemarle County Monthly Report, July 2014.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|