1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:45 a.m. - Discussion/Action Items:
9. Board of Supervisors Annual Retreat, Louise Wyatt, Organizational Development Manager.
10. Courts Project Update, Bill Letteri, Assistant County Executive, and Trevor Henry, Director of the Office of Facilities Development.
11. Photosafe Program Three Year Analysis, Steve Sellers, Chief of Police.
12. Report on the Health and Welfare of the Volunteer Fire and EMS System, Tom LaBelle, Division Chief for Volunteer Services.
13. 12:00 noon - Closed Meeting.
14. Certify Closed Meeting.
15. 1:30 p.m. - Boards and Commissions: Vacancies/Appointments.
16. ZTA-2013-00007. Flood Hazard Overlay District (FHOD). Ordinance to amend Secs. 18-30.3, Flood Hazard Overlay District FH, and its subordinate sections, 18-32.5.2, Contents of an initial site plan, 18-35.1, Fees, 18-36.1, Violations, and add Sec. 18-32.5.7, Flood hazard overlay district, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec 18-30.3 by amending and reorganizing current Secs. 18-30.3.01 through 18-30.3.10 and adding new sections to establish procedures, standards and restrictions to develop in the FHOD, as follows: Secs.18-30.3.1, Purpose and intent, 18-30.3.2, Flood Insurance Rate Map and Flood Insurance Study, 18-30.3.3, Applicability (added), 18-30.3.4, Disclaimer, 18-30.3.5, Definitions, 18-30.3.6, Designation of floodplain administrator; powers and duties (added), 18-30.3.7, Administration; interpretation of Flood Insurance Rate Map, 18-30.3.8, Administration; interpretation of district boundaries (added), 18-30.3.9, Administration; amendment to district boundaries, 18-30.3.10, Administration; Letters of Map Change; 18-30.3.11, Permitted and prohibited uses and structures, 18-30.3.12, Prerequisites to development; required permits and certifications, 18-30.3.13, Encroachment standards; determining impact on base flood elevation, 18-30.3.14, Encroachment standards; fill in the floodway fringe, 18-30.3.15, Construction standards, 18-30.3.16, Nonconforming uses and structures, and 18-30.3.17, Variances. This ordinance also would amend Sec. 18-32.5.2 by requiring that an initial site plan include USGS vertical datum, the boundaries of the flood hazard overlay district (FHOD), the base flood elevation, and other related information; and add Sec. 18-32.5.7 by requiring that the developer submit topographic information showing that the design is reasonably safe from flooding and that the design will minimize flood damage and reduce exposure to flood hazards; the additional information required by Secs. 18-32.5.2 and 18-32.5.7 would apply to any site plan having any portion within the FHOD. This ordinance also would amend Sec. 35.1 to add a $150 fee to review a Letter of Map Change (LOMC) (topographic plan only), a $300 fee to review an LOMC (topographic plan with floodplain model), and a $300 fee to review a Floodplain Impact Plan. The proposed fees are authorized by Virginia Code §§ 15.2-2241(9) and 15.2-2286(A)(6). This ordinance also would amend Sec. 36.1 to expressly provide that a use, structure or improvement established, conducted, operated or maintained without a required permit or certification is a violation of Chapter 18, Glenn Brooks, County Engineer.
17. STA-2014-00002. Flood Hazard. An ordinance to amend Chapter 14, Subdivision of Land, of the Albemarle County Code by amending Sec. 14-302, Contents of preliminary plat, and 14-308, Flood plain and topographic information. This ordinance would amend Sec. 14-302 by requiring that a preliminary plat include USGS vertical datum, the boundaries of the flood hazard overlay district (FHOD), the base flood elevation, and other related information; and Sec. 14-308 by requiring that the subdivider submit topographic information showing that the design is reasonably safe from flooding and that the design will minimize flood damage and reduce exposure to flood hazards; the additional information required by these amendments would apply to any subdivision having any portion within the FHOD, Glenn Brooks.
18. ZTA-2012-00012. Steep Slopes. An ordinance to amend Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code by establishing a steep slopes overlay district and regulations pertaining thereto. This ordinance would amend Sec. 18-3.1, Definitions, by adding definitions of steep slopes and two classes of steep slopes of 25% or greater managed slopes and preserved slopes, and amending the definition of critical slopes; adding Secs. 18-37.1 through 18-37.6 to establish the district, establish standards and procedures for disturbing and preserving managed and preserved slopes; amend Sec. 18-35.1, Fees, to provide that no fees are required for certain applications pertaining to steep slopes; and amend Secs. 18-4.2.1, Building site required, 18-4.2.3, Location of structures and improvements, 18-4.2.6, Exemptions, 18-4.7, Open space, 18-220.127.116.11, Contents of preapplication plan, 18-32.5.2, Contents of an initial site plan, 18-18.104.22.168, Location of utilities above and below ground, and 18-33.4, Uniform procedures for owner-initiated zoning map amendments and special use permits, to add references to managed or preserved slopes where critical slopes are already referenced, as appropriate, Bill Fritz, Chief of Special Projects.
19. ZMA-2014-00001. Steep Slopes. An ordinance to amend the zoning map adopted under Sec. 18-1.7, Zoning Map, contained in Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code by adding one or more maps delineating the boundaries of the steep slopes overlay district and depicting managed and preserved slopes of 25% or greater therein. The general usage within the overlay district on managed slopes are those uses allowed by right and by special use permit in the base zoning district, and the general usage on preserved slopes are residential, uses approved by county legislative action, necessary utilities and facilities, trails and accessory residential uses; the density within the overlay district is that allowed by the base zoning district. The general usage and density range under the comprehensive plan is unchanged, Bill Fritz.
20. STA-2014-00001. Steep Slopes. An ordinance to amend Chapter 14, Subdivision of Land, of the Albemarle County Code, by amending Secs. 14-216, Contents of preapplication schematic plat, 14-302, Contents of preliminary plat, 14-304, Request to disturb critical slopes, 14-404, Lot location to allow access from lot onto street or shared driveway, 14-410, Standards for all streets and alleys, 14-420, Location of utilities above- and underground, 14-422, Sidewalks and planting strips, to add references to steep, managed or preserved slopes where critical or steep slopes are already referenced, Bill Fritz.
21. ZTA-2012-00010. Off-site Signs. An ordinance to amend Secs. 18-4.15.2, Definitions, and 18-4.15.5, Signs authorized by special use permit, and to add Sec. 18-4.15.5A, Signs authorized by special use permit; off-site signs, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec. 18-4.15.2, Definitions, by adding definitions of terms related to off-site signs, amend Sec. 18-4.15.15 to pertain only to electric message signs and to move the regulation of off-site signs to new Sec. 18-4.15.5A, which establishes three classes of off-site signs bundle signs, directional signs, and signs in the public right-of-way allowed by special use permit, and establishes eligibility criteria, minimum standards, and exemptions from the SP requirement, Amanda Burbage, Senior Planner.
22. Board-to-Board, March, 2014 Monthly Communications Report from School Board, Ned Galloway, School Board Chairman.
23. Update on Dominion Power projects, Susan King, External Affairs Representative, and Brandon Stites, Director of AMI and Energy Conservation.
24. Albemarle County Service Authority (ACSA) Update, Gary OConnell, Executive Director.
25. Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority (RWSA) Update, Tom Frederick, Executive Director.
26. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
27. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
28. 4:00 p.m. - Work Session: FY 2014/2015 Operating and Capital Budgets (continued from March 4, 2014).
· Continued discussion of items on list.
· Discussion and Set tax rate for advertising.
· Discussion and Set Proposed Budget for Public Hearing.
29. Adjourn to March 12, 2014, 4:00 p.m.
8.1 Approval of Minutes: September 4, October 2 and December 3, 2013; and January 8 and January 30, 2014.
8.2 Rivanna Solid Waste Authority (RSWA) Support Agreements.
8.3 ACE; Grant from Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services for easement acquisition.
8.4 Resolution to add roads in Liberty Hall Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
8.5 FY 2014 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
8.6 Mainstream Housing Voucher Program.
8.7 March 2014 VDOT Charlottesville Residency Monthly Report for Albemarle County.
8.8 Copy of letter dated February 20, 2014 to Keith Lancaster, from Francis H. MacCall, Principal Planner, re: LOD-2014-00001 OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCEL OF RECORD Tax Map 61A, Parcel 34 (Property of William A. Pruett, Jr.) Rio Magisterial District.
8.9 Copy of letter dated February 21, 2014 to Roger W. Ray & Associates, Inc., from Francis H. MacCall, Principal Planner, re: LOD-2013-00018 OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCEL OF RECORD & DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS Tax Map 129, Parcel 9 (Property of Liberty Corner Farm, LLC) Samuel Miller Magisterial District.
8.10 2013 Fourth Quarter Building Report, as prepared by the Community Development Department.
8.11 2013 Fourth Quarter Certificate of Occupancy Report, as prepared by the Community Development Department.
8.12 County Grant Application Report.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|