1. Call to Order.
2. Work Session: Five-Year Financial Plan General Government.
4. Call to Order.
5. Pledge of Allegiance.
6. Moment of Silence.
7. Adoption of Final Agenda.
8. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. William B. Petie Craddock.
b. Duane Snow.
c. Rodney Thomas.
10. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
11. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
12. ACSA-2013-00002. Thomas Jefferson Foundation, Inc. - Albemarle County Service Authority (ACSA) Jurisdictional Area Request. Request to amend the Albemarle County Service Authority (ACSA) Jurisdictional Area Boundary to provide sewer service to Tax Map 78, Parcels 22 and 23, and provide water and sewer service to Tax Map 77, Parcel 31, Tax Map 78, Parcel 25, and Tax Map 92, Parcel 1, located on Thomas Jefferson Parkway (Route 53) approximately 2 miles east of the intersection of Scottsville Road (Route 20) and Route 53.
13. PROJECT: ZMA-2012-00003. Out of Bounds (Sign #6). PROPOSAL: Rezone a 9.42 acre property from R-1 Residential (1unit/acre) to NMD Neighborhood Model District which allows residential (3-34 units/acre) mixed with commercial, service and industrial uses. Maximum of 56 residential units with the preservation of an existing residence on 0.68 acres for a proposed density of 6 units/gross acre. No commercial is proposed. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. PROFFERS: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Neighborhood Density Residential- residential (3-6 units/acre); supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, and other small-scale non-residential uses in Neighborhood 7. LOCATION: Located on Barracks Road (Route 654) across from its intersection with Georgetown Road (Route 656). 225 Out of Bounds Road, Charlottesville, Virginia 22901. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 06000000006500. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Jack Jouett. (Deferred from November 13, 2013.)
14. ZMA-2012-00004. Avon Park II (Signs #89&91). PROPOSAL: Rezone 5.262 acres from R-6 zoning district for which allows residential uses at a density of 6 units per acre to PRD zoning district which allows residential uses with limited commercial uses at a density of 3 - 34 units/acre. 32 maximum units proposed for a density of 6 units/acre. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. PROFFERS: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Neighborhood Density Residential residential (3-6 units/acre); supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, and other small-scale non-residential uses. LOCATION: 1960 Avon Street Extended. Approximately 1000 feet north of the intersection of Avon Street Extended and Route 20, south of existing Avon Court. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 09000000003100. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville (deferred from September 11, 2013).
15. ZMA-2013-000001. The Lofts At Meadowcreek (Sign #15). PROPOSAL: Rezone approximately 2.80 acres from R-4-Residential zoning district which allows residential uses at a density of 4 units per acre to NMD-Neighborhood Model District zoning district which allows residential (3 34 units/acre) mixed with commercial, service and industrial uses. Proposed 65 maximum dwelling units for a density of 23units/acre. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. AIRPORT IMPACT AREA: Yes. PROFFERS: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Urban Density Residential residential (6.01 34 units/ acre); supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, commercial, office and service uses Places 29 Master Plan. LOCATION: 605 Rio Road East in Neighborhood 2. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 061A0000001500 and 061A0000001700. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
16. ZMA-2012-00005. Hollymead Town Center (A-1) (Signs #33&35). PROPOSAL: Request to amend the Application Plan and Proffers on property zoned PD-MC which allows large-scale commercial uses; and residential by special use permit (15 units/ acre). PURPOSE OF NOTICE AND HEARING: Intention of the Planning Commission to make recommendation on the Proposal to the Board of Supervisors ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Urban Mixed Use (in Centers) retail, residential, commercial, employment, office, institutional, and open space. (6.01-34 dwelling units per acre) in Hollymead Development Area. LOCATION: Hollymead Town Center Area A-1, the southwest quadrant of Seminole Trail (US 29) and Towncenter Drive in the Hollymead Development Area TAX MAP/PARCEL: 032000000042A0, 03200000004400, 03200000004500 (portion), 04600000000500, 046000000005A0 MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
17. ZMA-2013-00007. North Pointe Amendment (Signs #61&62). PROPOSAL: Request to amend approved proffers from ZMA200000009 on property zoned Planned Development Mixed Commercial (PD-MC) zoning district which allows large-scale commercial uses; residential by special use permit (15 units/acre) uses. A maximum of 893 units on approximately 269 acres is approved by special use permit at a gross density of 3.31 units/acre. No new dwellings proposed. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes AIRPORT IMPACT AREA: Yes FLOOD HAZARD OVERLAY: Yes PROFFERS: Yes COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Urban Mixed Use (in Destination and Community Centers) retail, residential, commercial, employment, office, institutional, and open space; Urban Density Residential residential (6.01 34 units/ acre); supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, commercial, office and service uses; Neighborhood Density Residential residential (3 6 units/acre) supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools and other small-scale non-residential uses; Privately Owned Open Space; Environmental Features privately owned recreational amenities and open space; floodplains, steep slopes, wetlands, and other environmental features; and Institutional civic uses, parks, recreational facilities, and similar uses on County-owned property. LOCATION: North of Proffit Road, east of Route 29 North, west of Pritchett Lane and south of the Rivanna River.TAX MAP/PARCEL: 03200000002000; 032000000020A0; 032000000020A1; 032000000020A2; 032000000020A3; 032000000029I0; 03200000002300; 032000000023A0; 032000000023B0; 032000000023C0; 032000000023D0; 032000000023E0; 032000000023F0; 032000000023G0; 032000000023H0; 032000000023J0; and 032000000022K0 MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
18. ZMA-2013-00002. Pantops Corner (Sign #66). PROPOSAL: Rezone 2.246 acres from R-1 zoning district which allows residential uses at a density of 1 unit per acre to HC zoning district which allows commercial and service uses; residential by special use permit at a density of 15 units per acre. No dwellings proposed. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. PROFFERS: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Urban Density Residential residential (6.01-34 units/acre); supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, commercial, office and service uses and Greenspace undeveloped areas in Neighborhood 3 - Pantops. LOCATION: Approximately 575 feet north from the intersection of Route 250 and Stony Point Road (Route 20) on the east side of Route 20. Back portion of 1248 Richmond Road, fronting Route 20. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 078000000058G1. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
19. SP-2013-000015. Mahone Family (Sign #12). PROPOSAL: Additional development right on 21 acres for 1 new unit with a density of up to 0.5 dwelling units per acre on the new lot. ZONING: RA Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots) ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Rural Areas preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (0.5 unit/ acre in development lots) LOCATION: 1688 Dudley Mountain Road TAX MAP/PARCEL: 08900-00-00-062B0 MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
20. ZTA-2013-00006. Residential and Industrial Uses in Downtown Crozet Zoning District (DCD). Ordinance to amend County Code Chapter 18, Zoning, to amend Sec. 20B.2, Permitted Uses, and to add Sec. 20B.8, Residential Uses Allowed by Special Permit; Additional Factors When Considering Special Use Permits. This ordinance would amend Sec. 20B.2 (A) and (E) to reorganize by right and special permit uses, to allow Laboratories/Research and Development/Experimental Testing by right and to allow Storage/Warehousing/Distribution/Transportation and Manufacturing/ Processing/Assembly/ Fabrication and Recycling by special use permit; would add Sec. 20B.2 (F) to allow by special use permit residential uses of any authorized dwelling type in the DCD without requiring first-floor non-residential uses; and would add Sec. 20B.8 to add factors when considering special use permits.
21. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
22. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
23. Adjourn to December 12, 2013, 3:00 p.m., Room 241.
11.0 Approval of Minutes: August 7, 2013.
11.1 SDP-2011-1. Hollymead Town Center Area A-1 Special Exception to Authorize Variations from the Application Plan and Proffers Associated with ZMA2010-14.
11.2 Special exception for: Terra Voice Music Home Occupation Class A, modification of Section 18.5.2.e of the Zoning Ordinance for traffic generation.
11.5 Joint Board of Supervisors/School Board Letter to Legislators, re: support for three issues of concern.
11.3 Copy of letter dated November 26, 2013, from Francis H. MacCall, Principal Planner, to Bob Headrick, Nest Realty, re: LOD-2013-00021 OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCEL OF RECORD AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS - Tax Map 60E1-00-0N, Parcel 1 (property of Dogwood Lane Properties LLC), Jack Jouett Magisterial District.
11.4 Copy of letter dated November 19, 2013, from Ronald L. Higgins, Chief of Zoning/Deputy Zoning Administrator, to Evergreen 651 LLC (c/o Therese Elron) re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS, Tax Map Parcel 059D1-02-0H-01400 (property of Evergreen 61 LLC), Samuel Miller Magisterial District.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|