1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9. Appeal: ARB-2013-10. New Hope Church Initial Plan.
10. PROJECT: SP-2012-00030. The Peabody School (Sign #51). PROPOSAL: Amend Special Use Permit (SP1996-046) to expand enrollment of a private school, to increase maximum number of children in facility from 140 to 210 (70 additional students) within Peabody School. No residential units proposed. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: PUD- Planned Unit Development-residential (3-34 units per acre), mixed with commercial, service and industrial uses. SECTION: 20.4.2 and 23.2.2 School of Special Instruction. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Industrial Service- warehousing, light industry, heavy industry, research, office uses, regional scale research, limited production and marketing activities, supporting commercial, lodging and conference facilities, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: 1232 Stony Ridge Road, at the intersection of Stony Ridge Road and Southern Parkway. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 076M1000001500. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
11. PROJECT: ZMA-2012-00006. Church of Our Saviour. PROPOSAL: Rezone 0.487 acres from R-2 Residential, which allows residential uses at a density of two units per acre, to C-1 Commercial which allows commercial-retail sales and service; residential by special use permit uses at a density of 15 units/acre in order to allow an existing building or a replacement building to meet a 50-foot setback requirement of the C-1 zoning for buildings adjacent to residential zoning districts. No dwellings proposed. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. AIRPORT IMPACT AREA: Yes. PROFFERS: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Neighborhood Density Residential – residential (3 – 6 units/acre) supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools and other small-scale non-residential uses and Urban Mixed Use (in areas around Centers) – commercial and retail uses that are not accommodated in Centers in Neighborhood 2 - Places 29. LOCATION: 1165 Rio Road East and 2412 Huntington Road. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 06100000014400 and 061000000146D0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
12. ZTA-2013-00001. Wireless Phase 1. Amend Secs. 3.1, Definitions, and 5.1.40, Personal wireless service facilities, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend the regulations pertaining to personal wireless service facilities by amending Sec. 3.1, by adding and amending definitions pertaining to personal wireless service facilities, and Sec. 5.1.40, by allowing equipment to be collocated and replaced by right if it does not result in a substantial change to the facility; allowing Tier II facilities to be up to 10 feet taller than the reference tree and to be approved administratively; requiring balloon tests at the request of the agent, rather than in all cases; eliminating the requirement that service providers submit annual reports; codifying the times by which applications shall be acted upon; eliminating certain design requirements for equipment located entirely within a structure; codifying the procedures and standards for changes to facilities approved prior to the adoption of Sec. 5.1.40 on October 13, 2004; and making other minor clarifications.
13. An ordinance to amend Chapter 6, Fire Protection, Article III, Fireworks, of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed ordinance, authorized by Virginia Code § 15.2-974, would clarify who may be granted permits for displays of fireworks.
14. An ordinance to amend Chapter 7, Health and Safety, Article I, Noise, of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed ordinance would clarify that fireworks displays for which a permit is issued, pursuant to chapter 6 of the County Code, are exempt from the noise ordinance.
15. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
16. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
8.1 Resolution of Intent to amend County Code § 18-4.12, Parking, Stacking and Loading; and set a public hearing to consider an ordinance to amend County Code Chapter 9, Motor Vehicles and Traffic.
NEW: CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|