1. Call to Order.
2. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
3. To give notice of an intent to amend the Board’s Rules of Procedure to provide time limit for the initial “Matters from the Public” and to add another opportunity for “Matters from the Public” at the end of the agenda.
4. To establish a public process for appointing an interim Board member to hold office until a special election is held if a vacancy occurs on the Board.
5. Financial Management Policies.
6. Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2013.
7. Solid Waste Services RFP.
8. Closed Meeting.
9. Certify Closed Meeting.
10. Boards and Commissions:
a. To remove Chris Dumler from all Board appointed positions on boards, committees and commissions and to appoint replacement members.
1:30 p.m. - Presentations:
11. “Counting the Costs and Benefits of Growth: A Fiscal Impact Analysis of Growth in the City of Charlottesville and Albemarle County, Virginia.”
12. Department of Social Services Advisory Board Annual Report.
13. Virginia Pre-School Initiative “Bright Stars” Annual Report.
14. ZTA-2013-01. Phase I – Wireless.
4:00 p.m. – Room 241 – Joint Meeting with School Board
15. Discussion: Medical and Dental Insurance Programs.
6:00 p.m. - Auditorium
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. Proclamation recognizing March 20 through March 24, 2013 as the 19th Annual Virginia Festival of the Book.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. To consider granting a water line easement to the Albemarle County Service Authority across property owned by the County located on Berkmar Drive adjacent to Agnor-Hurt Elementary School (Parcel 04500-00-00-09400). This easement is necessary for the replacement of a water line along Berkmar Drive that provides water service to Greenfields Trailer Park.
9. SP-2012-00029. 5th Street Station (Sign #120). PROPOSED: Special Use Permit - fill in the flood plain on approximately 87.0+/- acres. No dwellings proposed. SECTIONS: 30.3.05.2.1(2), 30.3.05.2.2(1), 30.3.05.2.2(3), which allows fill of land in floodways. ZONING: PD-SC Planned Development Shopping Center – which allows shopping centers, retail sales and service uses; residential by special use permit (15 units/acre) ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Community Service/Mixed Use-community-scale retail wholesale, business and medical offices, mixed use core communities and/or employment services, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre) Neighborhoods 4 & 5. LOCATION: Northeast intersection of Interstate 64 and Fifth Street Extended (Rt 631), bounded on the east by Avon Street Extended. Access is Bent Creek Road. TAX MAP/PARCEL: TMP076M10000002A0, 076M10000002B0, 076M10000004A0, and 0770000000011E0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
10. ZTA-2010-00004. Industrial Uses. Amend Secs. 3.1, Definitions, 4.14.5, Certified engineer’s report, 5.1.10, Junk yards, 5.1.15, Sawmill, temporary or permanent, 5.1.20, Sale and/or storage of petroleum products including kerosene, gasoline, and heating oil, 5.1.21, Dwellings in commercial and industrial districts, 5.1.31, Body shop, 220.127.116.11, Review of site plans and subdivision plats, 26.1, Intent, where permitted, 26.3, Permitted and accessory uses and structures, 26.6, Height regulations, 26.10, Minimum yards requirements, 27.1, Intent, where permitted, 27.2, Permitted uses, 27.4, Additional requirement, 28.1, Intent, where permitted, 28.2, Permitted uses, 28.4, Additional requirements, 29.1, Intent, where permitted, 29.2, Permitted uses, 29.5, Additional requirements; by adding Secs. 26.3 (renumbering current 26.3), Independent office and general commercial uses; additional factors when considering special use permits; 5.1.49, Dry cleaning plants, 5.1.50, Foundries, 5.1.51, Outdoor activities, 5.1.52, Outdoor storage, 5.1.53, Rendering facilities, 5.1.54, Slaughterhouses, 5.1.55, Tire recycling yards, 26.6, Site development and use; and by repealing Secs. 26.2, Application, 26.4, Standard ratios, 26.5, Off-street parking and loading requirements, 26.7, Performance standards, 26.8, Sign regulations, 26.9, Minimum landscaped area, 26.11, Utility requirements, 26.12, Site planning – external relationships, 26.12.1, Vehicular access, 26.13, Building separation, 27.2.1, By right, 27.2.2, By special use permit, 27.3, Minimum area required for establishment of district, 28.2.1, By right, 28.2.2, By special use permit, 28.3, Minimum area required for establishment of district, 29.2.1, By right – Category I, 29.2.2, By special use permit – Category I , 29.2.3, By right – Category II, 29.2.4, By special use permit – Category II, 29.3, Minimum area required for creation of district, 29.4, Number of permitted uses; of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend the regulations pertaining to industrial uses by adding definitions pertaining to certain industrial and common use classifications (3.1); amend the requirements for the certified engineer’s report (4.14.5); amend and add supplemental regulations applicable to several uses that are industrial in character (5.1.10, 5.1.15, 5.1.20, 5.1.21, 5.1.31; 5.1.49, 5.1.50, 5.1.51, 5.1.52, 5.1.53, 5.1.54, 5.1.55); amend the regulations for the review of site plans and subdivision plats within the PD-IP zoning district (18.104.22.168); and amend the industrial zoning district regulations by revising each district’s stated intent, the uses allowed by right and by special use permit, the area of certain uses allowed by right and by special exception, the accessory uses allowed and prohibited, and other uses prohibited, by renumbering and reorganizing those district regulations, and by repealing certain regulations (26.1 through 29.4).
11. ZTA-2012-00013. Industrial Uses in Commercial Districts. Amend Secs. 3.1, Definitions, 20.3.1, By right, 20.3.2, By special use permit, 20A.6, Permitted uses, 20B.2, Permitted uses, 22.2.1, By right, 22.2.2, By special use permit, 23.2.1, By right, 23.2.2, By special use permit, 24.2.1, By right, 24.2.2, By special use permit, 25.2.1, By right, 25.2.2, By special use permit, 25A.2.1, By right, 25A.2.2, By special use permit; of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend the regulations by updating terminology for several use classifications in all of the above-referenced sections; deleting the “medical center” use classification in the Downtown Crozet (20B.2) and Commercial (22.2.1) districts with the use to be absorbed into the “office” or “hospital” classifications; adding Laboratories/Research and Development/Experimental Testing and Manufacturing/Processing/Assembly/ Fabrication and Recycling as by right uses up to 4000 sq. ft. and requiring a special exception to exceed 4000 sq. ft. (22.2.1) and adding Storage/Warehousing/Distribution/Transportation as a special use (22.2.2) in the Commercial district; adding Laboratories/Research and Development/Experimental Testing as a by right use up to 4000 sq. ft. and requiring a special exception to exceed 4000 sq. ft. (23.2.1) and adding Manufacturing/Processing/Assembly/ Fabrication and Recycling and Storage/Warehousing/Distribution/ Transportation as special uses (23.2.2) in the Commercial Office district; and adding Laboratories/Research and Development/Experimental Testing, Manufacturing/Processing/Assembly/ Fabrication and Recycling and Storage/Warehousing/Distribution/ Transportation as by right uses up to 4000 sq. ft. and requiring a special exception to exceed 4000 sq. ft. (24.2.1) in the Highway Commercial district. These uses would also be allowed in those planned districts (20A.6, 25.2.1, 25A.2.1 and 25A.2.2) that cross-reference uses allowed in the commercial districts.
12. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
13. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
14. Adjourn to March 27, 2013, 6:00 p.m., Auditorium.
2.1 Approval of Minutes: December 5, 2012 and January 9, 2013.
2.2 FY 2013 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
2.3 Resolution to accept road(s) in West Hall Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
2.4 SDP-2011-00064. Senior Center – Belvedere Block 1, Preliminary Site Plan – Variations from Belvedere Code of Development.
2.5 Road name change of Proffit Crossing to Proffit Crossing Lane.
2.6 To authorize County Executive to sign Albemarle County Service Authority easement for a public waterline extension across Darden Towe Park to serve the Lewis and Clark Exploratory Center.
2.7 Resolution to approve the issuance of Economic Development Authority revenue refunding bonds in an amount not to exceed $8,000,000.
2.8 SDP-2012-00071. – Special Exception for Temporary Construction Yard.
2.9 Bergen (Earlysville Forest) (Lot 166-Section 9B) - Special Exception for Setback Variation.
2.10 Resolution Endorsing the Rail Preservation Application of Buckingham Branch Railroad Company.
2.11 County Grants Application Report.
2.12 VDOT – Culpeper District, Monthly Report for Albemarle County, March, 2013.
2.13 Board-to-Board, March 2013, A Monthly Report from the Albemarle County School Board to the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
NEW: CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS ONLY - THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE SIGN UP FOR OTHER MATTERS
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|