1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. Introduction of Deputy Police Chief, Ron Lantz.
b. Muscular Dystrophy Association’s Fill the Boot Drive, Liz Nixon.
c. Monticello Artisans Trail First Year.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda (on next page).
9:45 a.m. - Public Hearings:
9. SP-2012-00026. Ntelos Wireless at CV829 Keene “Flatwood Land Trust” - Tier III (Signs # 2&5). PROPOSED: Special use permit request for a personal wireless service facility including a 134-foot steel monopole with flush-mount antennae consisting of three (3) panel antennas. The proposed ground equipment will be located on a 40X40 foot leased compound area. A 6’ tall wooden privacy fence is also proposed to surround the base of the 40X40 compound. Access to the site is proposed through an access road off Scottsville Rd already approved under SP-2011-26 for an AT&T Tower. LOCATION: At the northwest side of the intersection of Scottsville Road (Route 20), Esmont Road (Route 715), and Coles Rolling Road (Route 712). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 11200-00-00-030G0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
10. SP-2012-00027. Verizon Wireless-Old Lynchburg, Tier III (Sign #53). PROPOSED: Request for modification of the existing Tier I installation to a Tier III Personal Wireless Service Facility to include (9) panel antennas. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: R-15 Residential - 15 units/acre. LOCATION: 925 Sunset Avenue, Ext. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 076000000046C0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
11. 11-03( ) – Agricultural and Forestal Districts. Ordinance to amend Division 2, Districts, of Article II, Districts of Statewide Significance, of Chapter 3, Agricultural and Forestal Districts, of the Albemarle County Code, to add lands to certain districts and to make corrections to certain district ordinances to identify all those tax map parcels within the districts, as specified below:
a. AFD-2012-00006. Carter’s Bridge AFD – Addition. The proposed ordinance would amend Section 3-210, Carter’s Bridge Agricultural and Forestal District, to identify TMPs 113-11G3, 114-67H1 and 114-67I (part) as being in the district (these parcels were created from parcels already in the district), and to add TMPs 112-16J and 112-16K to the district.
b. AFD-2012-00007. Blue Run AFD – District Review. The proposed ordinance would amend Section 3-208, Blue Run Agricultural and Forestal District, to continue the district for all parcels identified in the ordinance, to set the next district review deadline date of December 5, 2022, and to remove any parcels for which a request for withdrawal is received before the Board acts on the proposed ordinance.
12. ZTA- 2012-00006. Legislative Review Process Improvements. Amend Secs. 1.7, Official zoning map, 3.1, Definitions, 4.8.1, Determinations concerning unspecified uses, 4.15.5, Signs authorized by special use permit, 10.5.2, Where permitted by special use permit, 20.1, Intent, where permitted, 20.2, Application, 30.1.2, Application, 30.5.5, Permitted uses by right and special permit, 31.1, Designation of zoning administrator, authority, 34.4, Application for variances, 35.1, Fees; and repeal Secs. 1.9, Application for land use permit; payment of delinquent taxes, 8.5.1, Applications and documents to be submitted, 8.5.2, Preapplication conferences, 8.5.3, Review and recommendation by the planning commission, 8.5.4, Review and action by the board of supervisors; effect of approval, 8.6, Amendments to planned development districts, 20A.3, Application requirements; required documents and information, 20A.4, Application plans, 31.6, Special use permits, 31.6.1, Reserved to board of supervisors, 31.6.2, Application, 31.6.3, Conditions, 31.6.4, Revocation, 31.8, Special exceptions, and 33 (and its subsections), Amendments; and adding Secs. 33.1, Purpose and intent, 33.2, Uniform requirements for the initiation of zoning text amendments and zoning map amendments, 33.3, Uniform procedures for zoning text amendments and county-initiated zoning map amendments, 33.4, Uniform procedures for owner-initiated zoning map amendments and special use permits, 33.5, Uniform procedures for special exceptions, 33.6, Zoning text amendments and zoning map amendments; relevant factors to be considered; effect of approval, 33.7, Owner-initiated zoning map amendments; authority to accept proffers, 33.8, Special use permits; relevant factors to be considered; conditions; revocation, 33.9, Special exceptions; relevant factors to be considered; conditions; of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code.
13. Lease for Ivy Creek Natural Area. Pursuant to Virginia Code § 15.2-1800(B), to consider the approval of a proposed Lease Agreement for the tenant house in the Ivy Creek Natural Area Park, located at 1780 Earlysville Road, Earlysville, VA 22936 (TMP 45-9). The property is jointly owned by the County of Albemarle and the City of Charlottesville.
14. 11:00 a.m. - Fire/Rescue Overtime.
15. 11:20 a.m. - Strategic Prevention Fund – State Incentive Grant (SPF-SIG) Overview, Alexandra London-Gross.
16. 11:35 a.m. - Update on Safe Schools Grant Program Progress, Gretchen Ellis.
17. Action Item: 11:50 a.m. - Charlottesville/Albemarle County Inter-City Leadership Visit (Austin Trip).
18. Closed Meeting.
19. Certify Closed Meeting.
20. Boards and Commissions: Vacancies/Appointments.
21. 1:45 p.m. - Presentation: PVCC Annual Report, Frank Friedman.
22. 2:00 p.m. – Discussion: Proposed School Fund Balance Policy.
2:00 p.m. - Work Sessions:
23. ZTA-2010-0004. Phase III – Industrial Uses.
24. Five Year Financial Plan.
25. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
26. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
27. Adjourn to December 12, 2012, 4:00 p.m.
8.1 Approval of Minutes: October 3 and October 10, 2012.
8.2 FY2013 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
8.5 Turner Mountain Easement - Supplement to Deed of Easement for 3080 Turner Mountain Road.
8.6 SDP-2012-00053. Public Safety Training Facility (Albemarle County Firearms Range) (Phase I). Request for special exceptions to authorize parking areas and access aisles to have gravel rather than paved surfaces (County Code §18-4.12.15(a)), to authorize parking areas and access aisles to be constructed without curb and gutter (County Code §18-4.12.15(g)), to not require interior parking lot landscaping (County Code §18-126.96.36.199(b)), and to not require parking lot screening (County Code §18-188.8.131.52(c)(2)) at the proposed Albemarle County Firearms Range on Tax Map and Parcel Numbers 12100-00-00-05700 and 129-00-00-002A0. Located at the end of State Route 704 (Fortune Lane), approximately 1.4 miles south of the intersection of State Routes 704 (Fortune Lane) and 714 (Riding Club Road) in the Samuel Miller Magisterial District.
8.7 Forest Lakes School Safety Improvements.
8.8 SDP-2012-00054. Old Trail Blocks 1 & 3C Preliminary Site Plan; SUB-2012 – Variations from Old Trail Village Code of Development (Variations #10 and #11).
8.9 SUB-2012-00103. Old Trail Block 14 – Preliminary Subdivision Plan-Variation from Old Trail Village Code of Development (Variation #12).
8.10 2010 State Homeland Security Program Grant; Citizen Preparedness (CFDA #97.073) Resolution.
8.11 FY 13 General Fund First Quarter Financial Report and Revised FY 13 Revenue Projection Report.
8.12 Derecho (June 29, 2012) After Action Report.
8.13 County Grant Application Report.
8.14 Board-to-Board, December 2012, A Monthly Report from the Albemarle County School Board to the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
8.15 VDOT – Culpeper District, Monthly Report for Albemarle County, December 2012.
NEW: CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO SPEAK AT PUBLIC HEARINGS
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|