1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. Proclamation recognizing May, 2012 as National Tourism Month.
b. Proclamation recognizing May 25, 2012 as Senior Independence Day.
c. Spring Hill Baptist Church.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda (on next page).
9:30 a.m. - Public Hearings:
9. SP-2012-00001. Ivy Forum (Sign #90). PROPOSAL: Special use Permit request for Indoor Athletic Facility on 0.9370 acres. No dwellings proposed. ZONING: CO Commercial Office – offices, supporting commercial and service; residential uses by special use permit at a density of 15 units/acre. Section 23.2.2 (14) Indoor Athletic Facility. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Office Service – office uses, regional scale research, limited production and marketing activities, supporting commercial, lodging and conference facilities, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre) in Neighborhood 7. LOCATION: 2200 Old Ivy Road TAX MAP/PARCEL: 06000-00-00-046C0 MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Jack Jouett.
10. ZMA-2011-008. Three Notch'd Center (Sign #115). PROPOSAL: Request to amend the application plan to include an automobile laundry use on property zoned PD-SC- Planned Development Shopping Center which allows large-scale commercial uses and residential by special use permit at 15 units/acre. No residential is proposed. PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Light Industrial- manufacturing, storage, distribution, with supporting office, retail, R&D, flex and commercial uses within the Crozet Master Plan. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: 5368, 5374, and 5382 Three Notch'd Road, located on the northside of Three Notch'd Road approx 500 feet west of its intersection with Parkview Drive. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 56A3 Parcel 9 MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
11. An ordinance to amend Chapter 2, Administration, of the Albemarle County Code, to amend Section 2-202, Compensation of board of supervisors, to increase the compensation of the members of the Board of Supervisors by an inflation factor of 1% effective July 1, 2012 from $14,687.00 per annum to $14,834.00 per annum.
12. An ordinance to amend Chapter 10, Offenses-Miscellaneous, of the Albemarle County Code, by adding Section 10-120.1, Designation of Police to Enforce Trespass Violations. The proposed ordinance (authorized by Virginia Code § 15.2-1717.1) would allow the owner, lessee, custodian, or other person lawfully in charge of a property to designate the Albemarle County Police Department as a “person lawfully in charge” of such property for the purpose of enforcing trespass laws.
13. Proposed Route 29 Bypass, Consideration of Request to VDOT for public hearing.
14. 10:45 a.m. - Board-to-Board, Monthly Communications Report from School Board, School Board Chairman.
15. 11:00 a.m. - SPCA Annual Report, Susanne Kogut, Executive Director.
16. 11:15 a.m. – Albemarle County Service Authority Quarterly Update, Gary O’Connell, Executive Director.
17. 11:35 a.m. – Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority Quarterly Update, Tom Frederick, Executive Director.
18. Closed Meeting.
19. Certify Closed Meeting.
20. Boards and Commissions:
21. 1:30 p.m. – Jefferson Area CHIP, Judy Smith, Executive Director.
22. 1:45 p.m. - Natural Heritage Committee Report, Lonnie Murray, Chairman.
23. 2:00 p.m. - CACVB Marketing Plan Update.
24. 2:30 p.m. - Discussion and to receive public comment: Target Study Recommendations for Albemarle County.
25. Community Development 2012 Work Program.
26. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
27. Adjourn to May 9, 2012, 3:00 p.m., Room 241.
8.1 Approval of Minutes: January 4, January 11, February 8(A), February 8(N), February 29, 2012.
8.2 Albemarle County’s FY12/13-FY16-17 Strategic Plan Goals and Objectives.
8.3 Resolution on the issuance by the Economic Development Authority of the City of Norfolk of its revenue and refunding bonds in one or more series (the "Series 2012 Bonds") in an aggregate principal amount of up to $300,000,000 to assist Sentara Healthcare (Martha Jefferson Hospital).
8.4 FY 2012 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
8.5 Revised Community Use of County Facilities Policy.
8.6 Road Improvement Priorities for Virginia’s Working Draft Fiscal Year 2013-2018 Six-Year Improvements Program (SYIP).
8.7 SDP-2011-060. Colonial Nissan- Major Site Development Plan Amendment – Zoning Ordinance Waivers.
8.8 SDP-2012-015. Ivy Fire Station at Kirtley Warehouse Development Plan Amendment – Zoning Ordinance Waiver.
8.9 CCP-2012-0001. Law Enforcement Firing Range (Firearms Training Facility at Keene Landfill Site).
8.10 Athletic Synthetic Turf Fields Annual Report.
8.11 VDOT – Culpeper District, Albemarle County Monthly Report, May 2012.
8.12 2011 Annual Report of the Albemarle County Planning Commission.
8.13 Update on Wireless Policy and Regulations.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|