1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. Proclamation recognizing April, 2012 as Fair Housing Month.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda (on next page).
9:30 a.m. - Public Hearings:
9. Keswick Lake - Request to amend the Albemarle County Service Authority Jurisdictional Area Boundary to provide water service to Tax Map 79, Parcel 23 and Tax Map 79C, Parcel 1 located approximately 2,100 feet southwest of the intersection of Rt. 250 and Shadwell Road.
10. Wayland Easement. To consider granting a deed of exchange releasing and abandoning certain water rights, including easements, across Parcel ID 03900-00-00-029C0, adjacent to Mint Springs Park, in exchange for a limited conservation easement.
11. FY 2012 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
12. SP-2011-00031. Greenbrier Emergency Animal Hospital (Sign #52). PROPOSED: Request to amend SP200900030 to extend veterinary services to include specialty medical care and expand the space in the existing building. The emergency animal hospital use remains. No residential units proposed. ZONING CATEGORY/ GENERAL USAGE: HC Highway Commercial – commercial and service; residential by special use permit (15 units/ acre) and C-1 Commercial – retail sales and service; residential by special use permit (15 units/ acre). AIRPORT IMPACT AREA: Yes. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. SECTION: Sections 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 of the Zoning Ordinance which allows for veterinary office and hospital uses. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Office/R&D/Flex/Light Industrial – commercial, professional office; research and development, design, testing of prototypes; manufacturing, assembly, packaging in Neighborhood 1 of the Places 29 Master Plan. LOCATION: 370 Greenbrier Dr. approximately 675 feet west of the intersection of Greenbrier Drive and Route 29 (Seminole Trail). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 061W0-01-0A-00500. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
13. SP-2011-00029. VERIZON WIRELESS Keswick Tier III Personal Wireless Service Facility (Sign #49). PROPOSED: Special use permit amendment request to SP200400039 because the conditions of approval limit the antennas number and size on the tower to those that were shown on the original construction drawing. The proposal consists of collocation of three new antennas and relocation of three antennas in an existing array on an existing tower, as well as the location of associated ground equipment. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: (RA) Rural Areas – agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). SECTION: 10.2.2(48) which allows for Tier III personal wireless service facilities in the RA Zoning District. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas 2 – preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: YES. LOCATION: 4464 Richmond Rd. Keswick TAX MAP/PARCEL: 09400-00-00-041A1. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
10:15 a.m. - Action Items:
14. 10:15 a.m. - Beard Crozet Property: Water Protection Ordinance – Appeal of Decision by the Program Authority Under County Code § 17-321.
15. 10:35 a.m. – Cedar Hill Mobile Home Estates – Central Sewerage System.
16. 11:00 a.m. - VDoT Monthly Report, David Crim.
17. 11:15 a.m. - Work Session: Review of County's Priority List of Secondary Road Improvements and the VDOT Six Year Secondary Road Construction Program Budget.
18. Closed Meeting.
19. Certify Closed Meeting.
20. Boards and Commissions:
1:30 p.m. - Presentation:
21. 1:30 p.m. – Community Water Fluoridation, Dr. Lillian Peake.
22. 1:50 p.m. - Economic Vitality Action Plan Quarterly Report.
2:10 p.m. - Action Items:
23. Crozet/Western Albemarle Library – Update on Bids and Budget for Library Project.
24. Calendar Year 2012 Tax Rate Resolution.
25. Adoption of FY 2012/2013 Operating and Capital Budgets.
26. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
27. Adjourn to April 11, 2012, 3:00 p.m., Room 241.
8.1 Approval of Minutes: December 7, 2011.
8.2 New Sublease Agreement with UVA for proposed Ivy Fire Station to be located in the Kirtley Warehouse property.
8.3 Extension of the Lewis & Clark Exploratory Center lease for office space in the McIntire County Office Building.
8.4 Revised Community Use of County Facilities Policy.
8.5 Resolution accepting Rushia/Fleckles offer to sell conservation easement.
8.6 Cville Bike mApp Project Resolution.
8.7 Resolution to accept road(s) in Lambert Point Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
8.8 Solid Waste – Extension of RSWA Agreements and Future County Services.
8.9 Copy of letter dated March 2, 2012 to Jeremy Manning-Smith, from Francis H. MacCall, Senior Planner, re: LOD-2011-00013 – OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCEL OF RECORD & DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS – Tax Map 82, Parcel 1 (property of Jeremy Manning-Smith) – Rivanna District.
8.10 Copy of letter dated March 2, 2012 to Charles Frankfurt, from Francis H. MacCall, Senior Planner, re: LOD-2011-00014 – OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCEL OF RECORD & DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS – Tax Map 82, Parcels 3, 3A, 3B, 3C & 3D (property of Charles and Elfi Frankfurt) – Rivanna District.
8.11 Board-to-Board, April 2012, A monthly report from the Albemarle County School Board to the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
8.12 Copy of letter dated March 2, 2012 to Jasper P. Davis, from Francis H. MacCall, Senior Planner, re: LOD-2011-00012 – OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCEL OF RECORD & DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS – Tax Map 28, Parcel 11 (property of Jasper P. Davis Jr. or Diana J. Kieler) – White Hall District.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|