1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Adoption of Final Agenda.
5. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
a. Proclamation recognizing the 18th Virginia Festival of the Book.
b. Kathryn Presson as Most Outstanding Fire Corps Volunteer.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
8. Consent Agenda.
9. To solicit public input on the proposed Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) application to be submitted to the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development for the proposed Orchard Acres Housing Rehabilitation Project and the Scattered Site Rehabilitation Project. Residents of the project area are encouraged to attend. The proposal will include rehabilitation of up to 40 houses in Orchard Acres and the reconstruction of two units (one in Scottsville and one in Heards).
10. ASCA 2012-01. Charlottesville Volvo. Request to amend the Albemarle County Service Authority Jurisdictional Area boundary to provide sewer service to Tax Map 59, Parcel 23B2. Property located on Ivy Road (US 250 West), approximately .2 mile east of the intersection of Broomley Road and Route 250. Samuel Miller Magisterial District.
11. PROJECT: SP-2011-00022. Verizon Wireless/Southwest Mountain Tier III Personal Wireless Service Facility (Sign #48). PROPOSAL: Request for installation of a second flush-mounted antenna array replacing recently removed whip antennas in order to support the attachment of a new antenna array in a second vertical array below the company’s existing antennas. This is an amendment of SP 2003-45 #2C to allow more than 5 antenna arrays. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA, Rural Areas- agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots) SECTION: 10.2.2 (48) which allows for Tier III personal wireless facilities in the RA Zoning District. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas in Rural Area 2 -preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (0.5 unit/ acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: NO LOCATION: 119 Lego DriveTAX MAP/PARCEL: 07800-00-00-051C0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
12. PROJECT: SP-2011-00026. New Cingular Wireless/AT&T-CV429-Tier III (Signs #24&100). PROPOSAL: Special use permit request for a personal wireless service facility including a 119-foot metal monopole with flush-mount antennae. Proposal includes requested waiver of section 5.1.40(d)(6) of the Zoning Ordinance (to allow a pole height 30 feet above the reference tree, over the normal maximum of seven to ten feet). ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA, Rural Areas- agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots) SECTION: 10.2.2 (48) which allows for Tier III personal wireless facilities in the RA Zoning District COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas in Rural Area 4 - Preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/acre in development lots) ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: YES LOCATION: At the northwest side of the intersection of Scottsville Road (Route 20), Esmont Road (Route 715), and Coles Rolling Road (Route 712). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 11200-00-00-030G0 MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
13. PROJECT: ZMA-2011-00007. Albemarle Place/Stonefield Proffer Amendment. PROPOSAL: Request to amend proffers on property zoned NMD which allows residential (3 – 34 units/acre) mixed with commercial, service and industrial uses. No new dwellings or change in residential density proposed. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. PROFFERS: Yes. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Designated Urban Mixed Use (in Destination Center) – retail, residential, commercial, employment, office, institutional, and open space; Urban Mixed Use (in areas around Centers) – commercial and retail uses that are not accommodated in Centers; and Commercial Mixed Use – commercial, retail, employment uses, with supporting residential, office, or institutional uses. LOCATION: Northwest corner Hydraulic Road (Rt. 743) and Seminole Trail (US 29) in Neighborhood 1. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 061W0-03-00-019A0, 061W0-03-00-019B0, 061W0-03-00-02300, 061W0-03-00-02400, 061W0-03-00-02500 (as of 02/22/12). MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Jack Jouett.
14. ZTA-2010-00005. Signs. Amend Secs. 4.15.1, Purpose and intent, 4.15.2, Definitions, 4.15.4, Signs authorized by sign permit, 4.15.6, Signs exempt from the sign permit requirement, 4.15.7, Prohibited signs and sign characteristics, 4.15.8, Regulations applicable in the MHD, RA, VR, R-1 and R-2 zoning districts, 4.15.9, Regulations applicable in the R-4 and R-6 zoning districts, 4.15.11, Regulations applicable in the PUD, DCD and NMD zoning districts, 4.15.12, Regulations applicable in the C-1 and CO zoning districts, 4.15.13, Regulations applicable in the HC, PD-SC and PD-MC zoning districts, 4.15.14, Regulations applicable in the HI, LI and PD-IP zoning districts, 4.15.15, Regulations applicable in the entrance corridor overlay district, 30.6.4, Certificates of appropriateness, and 30.6.5, Development exempt from requirement to obtain certificate of appropriateness, and add Sec. 4.15.4A, Signs authorized by temporary sign permit, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code.
15. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
16. Adjourn to March 28, 2012.
8.1 Approve Plan and Certifications of Compliance required to receive Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds.
8.2 Lewis and Clark Exploratory Center Enhancement Grant Reimbursements.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|