1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
6. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
7. Amendment to the Field School of Charlottesville’s Lease for part of the Old Crozet School. To consider increasing the square footage in the lease agreement between the County and the Field School of Charlottesville for part of the Old Crozet School
8. Grant sewer easement to the Albemarle County Service Authority (ACSA) across property owned by Albemarle County adjacent to the Scottsville Recreation Center situated on the south side of and adjoining Bird Street (TMPs 131-81A and 130A2-76). This easement is necessary to allow the ACSA to rehabilitate, maintain and operate an existing sanitary sewer line across this property.
9. Grant gas line easement to City of Charlottesville across property owned by Albemarle County adjacent to Hollymead Town Center, situated on the west side of and adjoining U.S. Route 29 (Parcel ID 04600-00-00-005A0). This line and easement are requested to extend natural gas service to nearby properties, including portions of Hollymead Town Center.
10. Lease of Jessup House property to Silvercrest Asset Management Group, LLC. Pursuant to Virginia Code § 15.2-1800(B), consider the lease of the Jessup House property, jointly owned by the County and the City of Charlottesville, located at 614 East High Street, Charlottesville, Virginia 22902 (Parcel 111 on City of Charlottesville Real Property Tax Map 53) to Silvercrest Asset Management Group, LLC for up to an additional five-year term, ending June 30, 2015.
11. Real Estate Tax Exemption For Certain Elderly and Disabled Persons. An ordinance to amend Chapter 15, Taxation, of the Albemarle County Code, by amending Sec. 15-702, Definitions and Sec. 15-705, Amount of exemption, regarding real estate tax exemptions for certain elderly and disabled persons. The amendment would revise the definitions of “net combined financial worth” and “total combined income” and would limit real property tax exemptions for the elderly and/or disabled to the qualifying dwelling and the land, not exceeding ten acres, upon which it is situated, to conform to recent amendments to Virginia Code § 58.1-3212.
12. Real Estate Tax Exemption For Disabled Veterans. An ordinance to amend Chapter 15, Taxation, of the Albemarle County Code, by adding Sec. 15-1603. Exemption from taxes on property for disabled veterans; Application for exemption. The amendment would establish a property tax exemption for certain disabled veterans and their surviving spouses now mandated by Article X, Section 6-A of the Constitution of Virginia and subsequently enacted state law for tax years on or after January 1, 2011. The amendment also would establish the process for eligible veterans and their surviving spouses to apply for the exemption.
13. Review of Road Improvement Priorities for Secondary Roads and VDOT Six Year Secondary Construction Program. To receive comments on the County’s Priority List of secondary road improvements and the VDOT Six Year Secondary Construction Program Budget.
14. PROJECT: ZMA-2010-00016. Woolen Mills (Sign #90). PROPOSAL: Rezone .588 acres from LI - Light Industrial zoning district which allows industrial, office, and limited commercial uses (no residential use) to R-4, Residential zoning district which allows residential uses and 4 units/acre. Proposed number of units is 2 for a density of 2 units/acre. PROFFERS: No EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Neighborhood Density Residential - residential (3-6 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions and schools and other small-scale non-residential uses and Parks and Greenways - parks, greenways, playgrounds, pedestrian and bicycle paths in Neighborhood 4. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No LOCATION: 1911 & 1913 East Market Street TAX MAP/PARCEL: 78/21F MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
15. PROJECT: SP-2010-00010. Ivy Creek United Methodist Church (Sign# 23). PROPOSAL: Special use permit to bring church, Sunday school, parsonage and cemetery into compliance with zoning ordinance and demolish a portion of the existing church facility to construct a fellowship hall, offices, meeting room, nursery classrooms, and re-construct parking area on a total of 2.973 acres ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: Rural Areas (RA) - agricultural, forestal and fishery uses SECTION: 10.2.2 (35) Church building and adjunct cemetery COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas (RA 1) - Preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/residential density .5 units/acre in development lots ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No LOCATION: 674 Woodlands Road (Rt. 676) west of Green Meadows Lane TAX MAP/PARCEL: 04400000001400 (church/cemetery); 044000000012H0 (parsonage) MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Jack Jouett.
16. PROJECT: ZMA-2010-03. Morey Creek Professional Center (Concurrent with SP 2010-09 for a parking structure). PROPOSAL: Rezone 12.606 acres from the PRD Planned Residential District, which allows residential (3 - 34 units/acre) with limited commercial uses to PD-MC Planned Development Mixed Commercial, which allows large-scale commercial uses; and residential by special use permit (15 units/acre) to permit 100,000 square feet of general office space, a 15,000 SF daycare center, and parking structure. No residential units are proposed. PROFFERS: Yes. Concurrent with ZMA2010-03, the following proposed special use permit ("SP") within the proposed Morey Creek Professional Center authorized by Zoning Ordinance § 25A.2.2(1): PROJECT: SP 2010-09 Morey Creek Professional Center-Parking Structure (concurrent with ZMA 2010-03). PROPOSED: Allow parking structures; reference Zoning Ordinance § 23.3.3(4), Parking structures. (Reference 4.12, 5.1.41). The following information applies to both ZMA 2010-03 and SP 2010-09: EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Neighborhood Service -- neighborhood-scale retail, wholesale, business, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre) in Neighborhood 6. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: 76-12A is within the EC; 76-12G is not within the EC. LOCATION: Fontaine Avenue Extended, adjacent to the west of Buckingham Circle. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 076000000012A0 & 076000000012G0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
17. PROJECT: SP-2011-00006. Elks Farmers Market (Sign #103). PROPOSAL: Farmers Market on 6.34 acres; no residential units proposed. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: R1 Residential (1 unit/acre). SECTION: 220.127.116.11 Farmers Market. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Urban Density Residential which allows 6.01-34 units/acre and supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, commercial, office and service uses in Pantops Neighborhood. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes LOCATION: 389 Elk Drive approximately 265 feet from intersection of Elk Drive and Rt 20N. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 078000000058A0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
18. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6.1 FY 11/12 Resolution of Appropriations.
6.2 Approval of Economic Opportunity Fund (EOF) Grant Award and Authorization for County Executive to Request Release of the Governor’s Opportunity Fund (GOF) Grant Award and Execute Performance Agreements for MicroAire Expansion Project.
6.3 Resolution to authorize the County Executive to sign an amended Appendix A to the VDOT Project Administration Agreement and an amended Pass-Through Agreement with the Lewis and Clark Exploratory Center.
6.4 Resolution accepting Thurman offer to sell conservation easement.
6.5 Resolution to accept road(s) in Hollymead Towncenter Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
6.6 Resolution of Support Opposing Increases in Truck Weights and Lengths.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|