3:30 p.m., Room 241
1. Call to Order.
2. Work Session: Five Year Financial Plan.
6:00 p.m. – Lane Auditorium – Regular Night Meeting
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
6. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
7. TJPDC Legislative Program, David Blount, Legislative Liaison.
8. PROJECT: SP-2010-00021. Carter’s Mountain Trail - Verizon Tier III PWSF (Sign #10). PROPOSED: Replace two (2) existing microwave dishes with (2) new dishes at heights of 112 and 175 feet on an existing 185 foot lattice tower on Carters Mountain ((which requires a waiver/modification of section 5.1.40.C.3). ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA, Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). SECTION: 10.2.2 (48) Special Use Permit, which allows for Tier III personal wireless service facilities in the RA Zoning District. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas uses in Rural Area 4. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: Tax Map Parcel 91-28: on Carters Mountain Trail approximately 1 mile south of the intersection with Thomas Jefferson Parkway (State Route 53). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 09100000002800. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
9. PROJECT: SP 2010-00022 Heard's Mountain - Verizon Tier III PWSF (Signs #12,16&17). PROPOSED: Replace three (3) existing microwave dishes with (2) new dishes at heights of 74 and 90 feet and replace four whip antennas and six panel antennas with a single full sectored array of up to twelve panel antennas on an existing 150 foot tower on Heard's Mountain (which requires a waiver/modification of section 5.1.40.C.3). ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). SECTION: 10.2.2 (48) Special Use Permit, which allows for Tier III personal wireless service facilities in the RA Zoning District. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas uses in Rural Area 3. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: On Heard's Mountain Trail (State Route 633) approximately 2 miles west of the Intersection of Heard's Mountain Trail and Hungrytown Road (State Route 698). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 097000000004F0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
10. PROJECT: ZMA 201000006 Hollymead Town Center, Area A2 (Signs #40,55&56). PROPOSED: Rezone 77.365 acres from Neighborhood Model zoning district which allows residential (3 - 34 units/acre) mixed with commercial, service and industrial uses and R-15, Residential which allows 15 units/acre to Neighborhood Model zoning district which allows residential (3 - 34 units/acre) mixed with commercial, service and industrial uses and R-15, Residential which allows 15 units/acre in order to amend the application plan, the code of development, and the proffers. PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Town Center - Compact, higher density area containing a mixture of businesses, services, public facilities, residential areas and public spaces, attracting activities of all kinds. (6.01-34 dwelling units per acre); Urban Density Residential - residential (6.01-34 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, commercial, office and service uses; and Parks and Greenways - parks, greenways, playgrounds, pedestrian and bicycle paths in the Community of Hollymead. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: Parcels are west of US 29/Seminole Trail and accessed from Towncenter Drive and the unnamed street connecting Towncenter Drive to Dickerson Road (Rt. 606) in the Hollymead Development Area. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 03200-00-00-04500, 03200-00-00-05000, and 03200-00-00-05600. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
11. CPA-2005-010. Places29 Master Plan. Amend the Land Use Plan section of the Albemarle County Comprehensive Plan by replacing the existing profiles of Neighborhood 1, Neighborhood 2, the Community of Hollymead and the Community of Piney Mountain with the Places29 Master Plan, which establishes new land use policies, guidelines, recommendations, goals and strategies for future development within the master plan area, which may include lands beyond those described in the existing neighborhood and community profiles. The master plan would establish the following for the master plan area: a vision for the area and guiding principles; land use designations and place types such as neighborhood service centers, community centers, destination centers, uptown, mixed use areas, employment areas and residential areas; a plan for the transportation network and its integration with the land uses; a plan for providing and supporting community facilities and services; design guidelines for the entrance corridors and boundaries; and a plan for implementing the master plan.
12. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
13. Adjourn to November 11, 2010, 4:00 p.m., for Joint Meeting with School Board.
6.1 Request for continuance of deferral of ZMA-2006-0008 – Berkmar Business Park from December 8, 2010 to January 12, 2011.
6.2 Cancel December 8, 2010, Regular Night Meeting.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|