1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Virginia Farm-to-School Week.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:45 a.m. – Public Hearing:
8. PROJECT: SP-2010-00016. Forest Lakes Farmers’ Market (Sign #37). PROPOSED: To allow a farmer's market one (1) day a week from 4:00pm to 7:00pm during the months of April through September. ZONING CATEGORY/ GENERAL USAGE: Planned Use Development (PUD) - residential (3 - 34 units per acre), mixed with commercial and industrial uses. SECTION: 20.3.2(9) Farmers' Markets; and 5.1.47 Farm Stands, Farm Sales, and Farmers Markets. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Neighborhood Density in the Hollymead Community - residential (3-6 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions and schools and other small-scale non-residential uses. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No X. LOCATION: 1650 Ashwood Boulevard (Route 1670), in the Forest Lakes South development. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 046B5-00-00-001B0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
9. PROJECT: SP-2010-00019. Afton Farmers' Market (Sign #48). PROPOSED: To allow a farmers' market two (2) days a week from 3:00pm to 8:00pm. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: Rural Areas (RA) - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots); Entrance Corridor (EC) - Overlay to protect properties of historic, architectural or cultural significance from visual impacts of development along routes of tourist access. SECTION: 10.2.2 (54) Farmers' Markets; and 5.1.47 Farm Stands, Farm Sales, and Farmers Markets. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Area in Rural Area 3 - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes X. LOCATION: 9264 Critzers Shop Road, approximately one-quarter mile from the intersection of Route 151 and Route 637. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 06900-00-00-01300. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
10. PROJECT: SP-2008-00056, Unity Church (Sign #6). PROPOSED: Request to add 54 parking spaces to provide additional parking for church services. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA Rural Areas - agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre in development lots). SECTION: 10.2.2.35 Church building and adjunct cemetery. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/ acre in development lots). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: 2825 Hydraulic Circle, approximately 800 ft. north of intersection with Whitewood Road. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 06100000000400. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Jack Jouett.
11. An ordinance to amend Chapter 10, Offenses – Miscellaneous, of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed ordinance updates criminal offense provisions in the County Code to more closely parallel the Virginia Code provisions; repeals § 10-118 related to Sunday closings that is no longer applicable under State law; amends § 10-107 relating to discharging firearms in residential districts to specify exceptions and to update the definition of residential district to include the Neighborhood Model District (NMD); and adds § 10-124 to make it unlawful to urinate or defecate in public.
10:45 a.m. – Action Item
12. PROJECT: SP-2009-00034. RE-STORE'N STATION (Signs #33&36). Conditions of Approval. (Deferred from October 13, 2010)
11:00 a.m. – Presentations Items
13. 11:00 a.m. - Board-to-Board, School Board Chairman.
14. 11:15 a.m. - Presentation of ASAP's County-funded research findings, Jack Marshall.
15. Closed Meeting.
16. Certify Closed Meeting.
17. Boards and Commissions:
18. 1:45 p.m. - Economic Vitality Action Plan Update.
2:00 p.m. - Work Sessions:
19. 2:00 p.m. - Five-Year Financial Plan.
20. 3:30 p.m. - Chesapeake Bay Watershed Implementation Plan.
21. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
22. Adjourn to November 5, 2010, 11:00 a.m., Room 241.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: July 14, 2010.
7.2 Willis Drive Road Name Change.
7.3 FY 2010 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
7.4 FY 2011 Budget Amendment and Appropriations.
7.5 FY2011 1st Quarter Cash and Non-Cash Proffer Report and 2010 Survey of Cash Proffers for State.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|