1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
a. Proclamation Charlottesville/Albemarle Senior Independence Day.
b. Proclamation - Business Appreciation Week.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
8. SP-2009-00009. BB&T (Charlottesville) ATM (Sign #39). PROPOSED: Additional drive thru lane and ATM kiosk. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: CO - Commercial Office. SECTION: 23.2.2(5) Special Use Permit, which allows for drive-in windows serving or associated with permitted uses. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Community Service - community-scale retail wholesale, business and medical offices, mixed use core communities and/or employment services, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre); and Regional Service - regional-scale retail, wholesale, business and/or employment centers, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre) in Neighborhood 2. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: Southeast side of Seminole Trail (Route 29N), approximately 300 feet south of the entrance to Fashion Square Mall. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 61/134. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
9. ZTA-2009-0009. Entrance Corridor Overlay District ("ECOD"). Amend Secs. 3.1, Definitions, 4.15.2, Definitions, 4.15.15, Regulations applicable to the entrance corridor overlay district, and 30.6.8, Appeals; Amend and rename Secs. 30.6.1, Intent, 30.6.2, Application, 30.6.3, Permitted uses, 30.6.4, Area and bulk regulations; minimum yards and setback requirements; height regulations; landscaping and screening; preservation of natural features, and 30.6.7, Administration; Amend, renumber and rename Secs. 18.104.22.168, By right, 22.214.171.124, By special use permit, 30.6.6, Nonconformities; exemptions, 126.96.36.199, Untitled, 188.8.131.52, Repair and maintenance of structures, 184.108.40.206, Exemptions; Add Secs. 30.6.6, Submittal, review and action on application; preliminary review, and 30.6.9, Public health or safety considered; and repeal Sec. 30.6.5, Signs, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend and reorganize the regulations pertaining to lands within the ECOD by adding and amending definitions related to the ECOD ((All references are to new Sec. numbers) 3.1 and 4.15.2; amending the regulation of signs in the ECOD by requiring certain sign styles to have opaque backgrounds and moving the sign review regulations to Sec. 30.6 (4.15.15); amending the stated purpose and intent of the ECOD (30.6.1); restating the existing boundaries of the ECOD (30.6.2); amending the permitted uses and applicable standards for development in the ECOD, and combining those regulations in a single section (30.6.3); clarifying the types of development for which a certificate of appropriateness (CA) is required, establishing a new class of CA the county-wide CA to allow expedited review of certain classes of development, and delineating the scope and authority of the architectural review board (ARB) in reviewing an application for a CA (30.6.4); expanding the types of development exempt from the requirements of Sec. 30.6 (30.6.5); delineating the procedures for the submittal, review and action on an application for a CA, for both preliminary (30.6.6) and final review (30.6.7); restating the procedure to appeal a decision of the ARB to the Board of Supervisors (30.6.8); and, amending the authority of the planning commission to supersede any condition or requirement of a CA for any public health or safety reason, and expanding that authority to the agent and the zoning administrator under prescribed circumstances (30.6.9).
10. CPA-2008-00003. Village of Rivanna Master Plan. Amend the Land Use Plan section of the Albemarle County Comprehensive Plan by replacing the existing profile of the Village of Rivanna with the Village of Rivanna Master Plan, which establishes new policies, guidelines, recommendations, goals and strategies for future development within the master plan area. The master plan would establish the following for the master plan area: a vision for the area, which would be a distinct small community surrounded by rural Albemarle, and guiding principles; a description of existing conditions pertaining to natural, scenic and historic assets, demographics, land uses, community facilities and the transportation network; a framework for future land use, transportation, and parks and green systems; and a plan for implementing the master plan, including a list of implementation projects. The master plan would provide that residential uses will be the most prominent use in the plan area with a mix of housing types. The master plan proposes to retain the density, design and character of existing residential neighborhoods in the plan area as the area further develops. The existing golf course and recreational facilities within Glenmore and a new Village Center will be the two major focal points for the plan area. Density would diminish as the distance increases from the Village Center, with the lowest densities at the edges of the plan area.
11. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
7.1 Amend Charlottesville/Albemarle Commission on Children and Families Agreement; Adopt Resolution to Create Community and Policy Management Team (CPMT); and Appoint Members of CPMT.
7.2 Resolution of Intent to Amend the Zoning Ordinance, Sign Regulations.
7.3 Resolution Commemorating the Life of Paul Goodloe McIntire on the Occasion of the 15th Anniversary of His Birth.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|