1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:30 a.m. Presentations/Information Items:
8. Annual Housing Report.
10:00 a.m. - Action Item:
9. Appeal: Denial of Plat: SUB-2008-100. Wyant Family Division. Proposal to subdivide an existing 5.2 acre parcel into two lots (2.7 and 2.5 acres). The proposed division has been submitted as a Family Division. Tax Map 26, Parcel 42. White Hall Magisterial District.
10:15 a.m. Public Hearings:
10. FY 2010 Budget Amendment.
11. ZTA-2008-004. Beauty/Barber Shops in CO District. Amend Sec. 23.2.1, By right, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec. 23.2.1 to add beauty shops and barber shops as permitted accessory uses in the Commercial Office (CO) zoning district.
12. ZTA-2009-008. Body Shops and Towing Services in HI Heavy Industrial District. Amend Sec. 28.2.1, By right, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec. 28.2.1 to add body shops and the towing and temporary storage of motor vehicles as by right uses in the Heavy Industry (HI) zoning district.
13. ZTA-2009-011. Definitions, including Home Occupations. Amend Sec. 3.1, Definitions, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec. 3.1 by amending the definitions of Home Occupation, Class A and Home Occupation, Class B, by expressly requiring that the home occupation be conducted within the same dwelling unit in which the members of the family conducting the home occupation reside.
14. WPTA-2009-0002. Water Protection Ordinance. Amend Sec. 17-203, Erosion and sediment control plan, Sec. 17-204, Review and approval of erosion and sediment control plan, Sec. B17-20717-207, Issuance of permit; surety, Sec. 17-304, Review and approval of stormwater management/BMP plan, and Sec. B17-30617-306, Issuance of permit; surety, of Chapter 17, Water Protection, of the Albemarle County Code.
15. Ordinance to amend Chapter 9, Motor Vehicles and Traffic, of the Albemarle County Code. The ordinance would establish a traffic signal enforcement program and authorize the installation of traffic light signal violation monitoring systems.
11:30 a.m. - Work Session:
16. ZTA-2008-02. Planned Developments and Neighborhood Model District.
17. Closed Meeting.
18. Certify Closed Meeting.
19. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. Transportation Matters
20. a. VDOT Monthly Report.
b. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
2:30 p.m. - Public Hearings:
21. PROJECT: SP 200800025 Earlysville Service Center. PROPOSED: Special Use Permit to relocate an existing vehicular repair garage from the east side of an 11.833 acre parcel (zoned C-1 Commercial) to the west side of the subject parcel (zoned RA Rural Areas); the existing garage is currently located on the property would remain, but the garage use would be abandoned. LOCATION: West side of Earlysville Rd. (Rt. 743) approx. 775 ft. north of Reas Ford Rd. (Rt. 660. TAX MAP/PARCEL: TMP 31-14. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
2:50 a.m. - Work Session:
22. Zoning Ordinance Fee Amendments.
23. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: April 1, May 6 and June 10, 2009.
7.2 Resolution to approve the Countys participation in the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Revenue Sharing Program for FY 09-10.
7.3 Approval of FY 2009 ACE Appraisals and Easement Acquisitions.
7.4 FY 2009 Appropriations.
7.5 Health Department Lease Amendment & Charlottesville Free Clinic License.
7.6 ZTA 2009-13 Home Occupations and ZTA 2009-12 Churches. Resolutions of Intent to amend the Zoning Ordinance to allow certain churches and home occupations to be permitted as by-right uses.
7.7 Authorization to charge direct project management expenses incurred by the Office of Facilities Development against the Capital Fund.
7.8 Resolution of Endorsement for New Amtrak Passenger Service through the Region.
7.9 Board-to-Board, August 2009, Monthly Communications Report from School Board, School Board Chairman.
7.10 Department of Social Services Workload Update.
7.11 Southeast Energy Efficiency Alliance (SEEA) Grant Update.
7.12 Copy of letter dated July 8, 2009 to Hunter Lewis, from Ronald L. Higgins, Chief of Zoning, Department of Community Development, re: Official Determination of Parcels and Development Rights Tax Map 27, Parcel 6 (property of Hunter Lewis) White Hall Magisterial District.
7.13 Copy of letter dated July 8, 2009 to Brian S. Ray, LS, c/o Roger W. Ray & Associates, Inc., from Ronald L. Higgins, Chief of Zoning, Department of Community Development, re: Official Determination of Parcels and Development Rights Tax Map 56A2(1), Parcel 12 (property of Tabor Presbyterian Church) White Hall Magisterial District.
7.14 Copy of letter dated July 14, 2009 to Catherina J. Womack, Esq., c/o Feil, Pettit & Williams, PLC, from Ronald L. Higgins, Chief of Zoning, Department of Community Development, re: Official Determination of Development Rights Tax Map 99, Parcel 52 (property of Ronald Scott & Kathy Y. Woodson) Samuel Miller District.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|