April 14, 2009
c/o Atwood Architects Inc
250 W. Main St., Suite 100
Charlottesville, VA 22902
RE: SP200800029 South Plains Presbyterian Church
Tax Map 80 Parcel 116
Dear Ms. Cooper:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on March 24, 2009, by a vote of 6:1, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
2. The footprint of the new sanctuary shall not exceed 3,550 square feet. The footprint of the new fellowship hall shall not exceed 5,750 square feet.
3. Provided parking shall not exceed 75 spaces.
4. Commercial setback standards, as set forth in Section 21.7.2 of the Albemarle Zoning Ordinance, shall be maintained adjacent to properties zoned Rural Areas.
5. Storm water facilities and parking lot surface meeting the approval of the County Engineer shall be required before approval of the final site plan for this use.
of a landscape plan shall be required before approval of the final site plan for
this use. Plantings for screening of the church facilities, to consist of a
naturalistic pattern of multi-species trees and shrubs, as listed in the
brochure titled “Native Plants for Conservation, Restoration, and Landscaping:
Piedmont Plateau,” published by the Virginia Department of Conservation and
Recreation, are to fill the open area shown on Attachment C of the staff report
. These plantings are to be arranged in a density that would mitigate views of
the new church facilities, with a spacing allowing the natural form/habit of the
plant material to be recognized.
7. There shall be no day care center or private school on site without approval of a separate special use permit;
8. Health Department approval of well and/or septic systems.
9. All outdoor lighting shall be only full cut-off fixtures and shielded to reflect light away from all abutting properties. A lighting plan limiting light levels at all property lines to no greater than 0.3 foot candles shall be submitted to the Zoning Administrator or their designee for approval.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on May 13, 2009.
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.