1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Proclamation recognizing April 3 – 11, 2009 as Preservation Week 2009.
b. Proclamation recognizing April, 2009 as Fair Housing Month.
c. Proclamation recognizing the 30th Anniversary of The Green Olive Tree.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:30 a.m. – 10:10 a.m. - Action Items
8. Appeal: SUB-2008-240. Little Yellow Mountain. Appeal of the Planning Commission’s denial of a private street in conjunction with a preliminary subdivision plat to create 2 lots on approximately 76 acres. The properties are zoned RA, Rural Areas, described as Tax Map 55 - Parcels 40D and 44, are located on Mint Springs Road [Route 684] approximately 0.45 miles southeast of the intersection with Railroad Ave. [Route 788]. The Comprehensive Plan designates these parcels as Rural Areas in Rural Area 3. White Hall Magisterial District.
9. Appeal: SDP-2008-00012. South Pantops Condominiums – Preliminary. Appeal of a condition imposed by the Planning Commission associated with a critical slopes waiver. The critical slopes waiver request is in conjunction with a request for a preliminary site plan approval for construction of 125 dwelling units on 13.12 acres zoned R-15 Residential. The property, described as Tax Map 78 Parcel 20, is located on South Pantops Drive approximately 800 feet from its intersection with State Farm Blvd. The Comprehensive Plan designates this property as Urban Density in Urban Area 4. Rivanna Magisterial District.
10:10 a.m. – Public Hearings:
10. Parks and Recreation Fees. Proposed ordinance to amend County Code Chapter 11, Section 11-105 to allow the charging of picnic shelter fees during the period that park entry fees are charged and to better clarify authority for setting park fees.
11. Concurrent Resolution to amend and restate the Articles of Incorporation for the Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority to increase the membership of the Authority Board from five to seven members by the addition of one member of the Charlottesville City Council and one member of the Board of Supervisors of Albemarle County.
12. Concurrent Resolution to amend and restate the Articles of Incorporation for the Rivanna Solid Waste Authority to increase the membership of the Authority Board from five to seven members by the addition of one member of the Charlottesville City Council and one member of the Board of Supervisors of Albemarle County, and to allow for the appointment of an Albemarle County Department head in place of the Albemarle County Engineer, if desired by the Board of Supervisors.
10:30 a.m. – Transportation Matters
13. a. VDOT Monthly Report.
b. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
c. Work Session: Six Year Secondary Road Plan.
14. Discussion: Follow up on Outstanding FY 2009-10 County Budget Issues.
15. Closed Meeting.
16. Certify Closed Meeting.
17. Boards and Commissions:
18. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
Reconvene at 6:00 p.m. – LANE AUDITORIUM
19. Call to Order.
POSTING OF COLORS
Monticello High School AFJROTC, Unit VA-20023, Honor Guard
20. Pledge of Allegiance.
21. Moment of Silence.
22. PUBLIC HEARING to receive comments on Recommended Operating and Capital Budgets for FY 2009/2010, and the Proposed FY 2009 Tax Rates.
23. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
24. Adjourn to April 8, 2009, 4:00 p.m.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: April 9, June 11 and June 18, 2008; and February 4, 2009.
7.2 Resolution of Intent to Amend Section 4.2 Critical Slopes Regulations in the Zoning Ordinance.
7.3 FY 2009 Appropriations.
7.4 Set public hearing for proposed lease agreement between the County and the Field School of Charlottesville for portion of Old Crozet Elementary School.
7.5 Amend Section 18-30.3.05.1.1. of the Zoning Ordinance to include Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority water and sewer lines as a by right use within the Flood Hazard Overlay District.
7.5 Department of Social Services Workload Update.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|