January 20, 2009
Richard E. Carter
P.O. Box 1567
Charlottesville, Va 22902
RE: SP2008-00042 Keswick Hall
TAX MAP/PARCEL: 80-8Z and TMP 80-09
Dear Mr. Carter:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on January 6, 2009, by a vote of 6:0 recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
2. No building permits shall be issued for Phase II improvements beyond those improvements approved with SP 00-33, as shown on the plan titled Keswick Estate Conceptual Long Range Master Plan prepared by Roudabush, Gale and Associates dated December 18, 2000, and as amended by SP2008-42 and as shown on the plan Keswick Hall Master Plan, prepared by Train & Partners + Mario di Valmarana, received September 14, 2008.until all road improvements described by the Virginia Department of Transportation letter from R.P. Ball dated February 21, 2001, and included as Attachment B have been completed (not bonded) to the satisfaction of the County Engineer and the Virginia Department of Transportation.
3. No unplatted property shall be subdivided and no approved subdivision plat shall be recorded unless the applicant demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Planning Commission, that the existing central water system, approved under Permit Number 2003400 issued by the Virginia Department of Health, Division of Water Supply Engineering, dated January 7, 1998, or as such permit is amended or such subsequent permit approved by the Virginia Department of Health, Division of Water Supply Engineering, and the Board of Supervisors, is available and adequate to serve all of said lots, as well as all existing improvements, associated uses, and platted lots, without compromising on-site and adjacent off-site well water supplies. Nothing herein shall guarantee approval of such amendment or permit. In making this demonstration, the applicant shall use test procedures approved by the Virginia Department of Health and the County Engineer;
4. If the central water system must be expanded to meet existing or future demand, the applicant shall seek and obtain all necessary approvals for expanding the system from the Virginia Department of Health and the County Board of Supervisors;
5. Except for any restaurant and spa on the property open to the general public, Keswick Hall and its associated facilities shall be used only by the guests of the inn and their invitees, and members of the Keswick Country Club and their invitees; and
6. Each plat of division of any lands shown on the plan titled “Keswick Estate Conceptual Long Range Master Plan”, prepared by Roudabush, Gale and Associates, dated December 18, 2000 shall include the following statement if those lands are not within a jurisdictional area and will not be served by a public water or sewer system: “On the date of approval of this plat by the agent, the lands being divided are not within a jurisdictional area and public water and sewer service are not available.”
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on February 4, 2009.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.