Todd Barnett, Head of School
P O Box 4234
Charlottesville, VA 22905
RE: SP2008-00027 Field School Amendment
TAX MAP/PARCEL: 56A2-01-72 and 72A
Dear Mr. Barnett:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on September 9, 2008, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors, by a vote 5:0.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. Maximum enrollment shall be seventy (70) students;
2. Hours of operation for the school shall be from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday;
3. The school is limited to existing buildings and park grounds as indicated on the concept plan (Attachment C). Any additional building or site changes for the school use will require an amendment to this Special Use Permit (SP-2008-027);
4. The playgrounds and the park grounds, with the exception of the Community Building, will remain open and available for public use during the hours of school operation;
5. The athletic fields at the park shall not be available for the school’s use after 4:00 p.m. on weekdays and shall not be available on weekends;
6. The athletic fields shall not be available for school use when closed by the Department of Parks and Recreation for inclement weather, overuse, fields restoration, or when any other scheduled use is authorized by the Department of Parks and Recreation;
7. Special Use Permit 2008-027 shall be valid until June 30, 2014; and
8. Shuttle bus service for students to and from school shall be provided each school day
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on November 5, 2008.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.