October 24, 2008
Strategic Planning Retreat
Follow up Action Items
1) Update the County’s Strategic Plan – change completion dates as follows:
a. Objective 4.1 Master Plans - from June 30, 2010 to June 30, 2012
b. Objective 3.1 Transportation – from June 30, 2010 to June 30, 2012
c. Objective 1.4 Public Safety - from June 30, 2010 to June 30, 2014
2) Provide additional Affordable Housing performance information to Board
3) Prepare and obtain Board approval of the Economic Opportunity Fund guidelines
4) In conjunction with ACFRAB, Fire Rescue will roll out its response time reporting system, staff will continue to monitor Police response times and will schedule a time at a future Board meeting to discuss all Public Safety response time goals. In addition, review the police staffing level goal currently included in the Comprehensive Plan.
5) Schedule a Board work session to review the strategies included in the Rural Area chapter of the Comprehensive Plan.
6) Staff should consider updating Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Affordable Housing Objective after the County receives the Affordable Housing Task Force’s Report.
7) Schedule a Board work session to discuss transportation funding and priorities in the CIP.
8) Staff should consider whether a portion of the CIP funding for Conservation Easements should be used for an intense marketing campaign to better educate landowners of the benefits of conservation easements, and of the tax credits that are available. Staff should provide the Board with an information sheet that demonstrate how tax credits would work for hypothetical properties.
9) Provide a cost accounting of funds expended for Master Plans (including funding for consultants and for staff.)
10) Bring back alternative funding options as part of Five Year Financial Plan worksessions. As part of these efforts, consider reductions in CIP funding for transportation, the Acquisition of Conservation Easements Program, and urban infrastructure.
11) Combine the two southern urban area master plans into one master plan. Sequence upcoming Master Plans as proposed by staff:
a. Continue development of Places 29 and Rivanna Master Plans
b. Begin Crozet 5 Year Review
c. Begin Southern Urban Master Plans
Go to next attachment
Return to exec summary