3:30 P.M. – AFTERNOON MEETING
1. Call to Order.
2. Work Session: Five Year Financial Plan (continued from November 5, 2008).
6:00 P.M. – REGULAR NIGHT MEETING
4. Call to Order.
5. Pledge of Allegiance.
6. Moment of Silence.
7. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
8. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
9. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
10. Abandonment of public right-of-way. Consider abandonment of right-of-way under Virginia Code § 33.1-164 approximately 0.47 miles in length along the former alignment of State Route 618, also known as Jefferson Mill Lane. State maintenance of the segment of right-of-way intended to be abandoned was discontinued in 1971 when State Route 618 was realigned and reconstructed and, thus, it is not in the state-maintained system of secondary highways. The right-of-way is located along a portion of the boundary between Tax Map and Parcel Numbers 12300-00-00-017A0 and 12300-00-00-017B0 in the Scottsville Magisterial District. (Reschedule public hearing for December 3, 2008.)
11. ZTA-2005-007. Storage yards. Amend Sections 3.1, Definitions, 24.2.1, By right, 24.2.2, By special use permit, 25.2.1, By right, 25.2.2, By special use permit, 25A.2.1, By right, 25A.2.2, By special use permit, 27.2.1, By right, 27.2.2, By special use permit, 28.2.1, By right, 28.2.2, By special use permit, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec. 3.1 by defining “storage yard,” “heavy equipment,” “heavy vehicles,” and “heavy equipment and heavy vehicle parking and storage yard”; Sec. 24.2.1 by adding “storage yards” as a by right use; Sec. 24.2.2 by deleting “contractor’s office and equipment storage yard” as a special use; Sec. 25.2.1 by clarifying the C-1, CO and HC uses permitted by right in the PD-SC district and excepting “storage yards”; Sec. 25.2.2 by adding “storage yards” as a special use; Sec. 25A.2.1 by clarifying the C-1, CO and HC uses permitted by right in the PD-MC district and excepting “storage yards”; Sec. 25A.2.2 by adding “storage yards” as a special use; Sec. 27.2.1 by amending the “contractor’s office and equipment storage yard” use classification to “storage yards”; Sec. 27.2.2 by adding “heavy equipment and heavy vehicle parking and storage yards” as a special use; Sec. 28.2.1 by amending the “contractor’s office and equipment storage yard” use classification to “storage yards”; Sec. 28.2.2 by deleting “storage yards not elsewhere classified, excluding storage of nuclear products, by-products or wastes,” as a special use. The introductory text of the sections cited above other than Sec. 3.1 was also amended to standardize the text and to correct a typographical error.
12. STA-2008-001. Rural Areas 2-lot street standard; single point of access. Amend Sections 14-207, Rural subdivisions, 14-404, Lot location to allow access from lot onto street or shared driveway, 14-412, Standards for private streets only, and 14-434, Completion of on-site improvements required prior to plat approval, of Chapter 14, Subdivision of Land, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec. 14-207 by making rural subdivisions subject to Sec. 14-404; Sec. 14-404 by requiring that the first subdivision plat approved for a parcel after the effective date of this ordinance (the “parent parcel”) must establish a single public or private access from an existing public or private street outside of the parent parcel to the lots within the subdivision, and would require that the proposed street provide such access for all future subdivisions within the parent parcel, and would delete the requirement that all subsequent divisions of the residue enter only onto such streets shown on the approved final plat and have no immediate access onto any public street; Sec. 14-412 by deleting the standard for residential private streets serving 2 lots and requiring such streets to meet the standard currently required for streets serving 3 to 5 lots; Sec. 14-434 by deleting the exception for certain private streets from the requirement that all on-site improvements be completed prior to approval of the final plat where surety in lieu of completion of the improvements is not authorized.
13. ZTA-2006-001. Country Stores. Amend Sections 3.1, Definitions, 6.4, Nonconforming lots, 10.2.1, By right, 10.2.2, By special use permit, and 10.4, area and bulk regulations, and add Section 5.1.45, Country store and non-country store uses in historic country store buildings, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Section 3.1 by defining certain terms related to country stores; Section 6.4 by adding regulations pertaining to country stores on nonconforming lots; Section 10.2.1, by adding Country stores, Class A, as a by right use in the Rural Areas zoning district; Section 10.2.2, by adding Country stores, Class B (replacing “Country stores” as a special use), non-country store uses in historic country store buildings, and the sale of gasoline and other fuels in conjunction with a country store, Class A or B, as uses allowed by special use permit; and Section 10.4, by adding an introductory statement. This ordinance also would add Section 5.1.45 to establish supplementary regulations for country stores, Classes A and B, and non-country store uses in historic country store buildings.
14. CPA 2008-01. Water Supply Planning Update. Amend the Natural Resources and Cultural Assets and the Land Use sections of the Albemarle County Comprehensive Plan to reflect new studies and community decisions regarding needed water supply for the Urban Service Area, new state requirements for County-wide water supply planning, and County initiatives relating to drought response.
15. PROJECT: ZMA-2008-04. NGIC Expansion (Sign #77). PROPOSAL: Amend general development plan for ZMA 2007-003. Approx 15 acres. CO, Commercial Office - offices, supporting commercial and service uses; and residential use by special use permit (15 units/acre) to allow an additional 22,100 square feet of basement storage area in Building #1 and an additional 44,200 square feet of basement storage area in Building #2 in two 4-story buildings of 89,400 square feet each. This proposal also includes two concurrent special use permits SP-2008-045, an amendment to SP-2007-031, to allow relocation on property of a 3-story 120 unit apartment building and SP-2008-46, an amendment to SP-2007-032, to allow revision of research and development uses in the proposed office buildings. PROFFERS: Yes. LOCATION: East of Rt 29 North, at the end of Boulders Rd, adjacent north of the NGIC facility. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Portion of Tax Map 33 Parcel 1D. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
16. PROJECT: SP-2008-45. NGIC Expansion (Sign #77). (refer to ZMA 08-004 NGIC Expansion revised). PROPOSED: Relocation on the property of 120 unit three-story apartment building at a gross density of 8.0 units per acre on an approximately 15-acre site. LOCATION: East of Rt 29 North, at the end of Boulders Rd, adjacent north of the NGIC facility. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Portion of Tax Map 33 Parcel 1D. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
17. PROJECT: SP-2008-46. NGIC Expansion (Sign #77). (refer to ZMA 08-004 NGIC Expansion). PROPOSED: Revision to allow for research & development uses within proposed CO Zoning District Office Buildings, 178,800 square feet of office space in two 4-story buildings of 89,400 square feet each. ZMA 2008-004 proposes to allow an additional 22,100 square feet of basement storage area in Building #1 and an additional 44,200 square feet of basement storage area in Building #2. LOCATION: east of Rt 29 North, at the end of Boulders Rd, adjacent north of the NGIC facility. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Portion of Tax Map 33 Parcel 1D. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
18. PROJECT: ZMA-2008-05. Old Trail Village Block 2 (Signs #1,2,22&47). PROPOSAL Amend Code of Development to include rest home/assisted living use for approved ZMA-2004-00024 (Old Trail NMD) which allows residential (3 - 34 units/acre) mixed with commercial, service and industrial uses. Approved number of units for Old Trail is between 1600 and 2200. No change to density is proposed. PROFFERS: Yes. (Amendment to refer to revised Table 4 of the amended Code of Development). LOCATION: North side of Rt 250 West, approximately 2,000+ feet west of the intersection of Miller School Rd and Rt 250. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 55E1-A1 (portion). MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
19. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
9.1 Approval of Minutes: September 5, 2007; and March 10 and March 19, 2008.
9.2 Resolution to accept roads in Chestnut Ridge Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
9.3 Fiscal Year 2009 County of Albemarle & State Health Department Local Government Agreement.
9.4 Proffer Compliance- State Cash Proffer Survey & First Quarter Cash Proffer Report.
9.5 2008 Third Quarter Building Report as prepared by the Department of Community Development.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|