1. Call to Order.
2. Work Session: Strategic Planning, in Preparation for Board’s October 24 Strategic Planning Retreat.
2a. Discussion: Budget Review Guidance.
4. Call to Order.
5. Pledge of Allegiance.
6. Moment of Silence.
7. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
8. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
9. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
10. To receive public comments on a proposal recommended by the Albemarle County and City of Charlottesville Parks and Recreation staffs to plan for the installation of lighting at the Darden Towe Park softball fields. Darden Towe Park is located off Route 20 North (Stony Point Road) at Elk Drive.
11. PROJECT: SP-2007-01. Four Seasons Learning Center. (Signs #10&28). PROPOSED: Amend special use permit to increase maximum number of children in daycare from 40 to 64. No residential units proposed. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: PUD Planned Unit Development which allows residential (3-34 units per acre), mixed with commercial and industrial uses. SECTION: 184.108.40.206, which allows for child care facilities. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Urban Density Residential (6-34 units/acre) in Neighborhood 1. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No X. LOCATION: 254 Lakeview Drive, at the corner of Four Seasons Dr and Lakeview Dr. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 61 X1, Parcel 5. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
12. PROJECT: SP-2008-020. Airport Office Center. (Signs #40&43). PROPOSED: Special use permit request for stand alone parking. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: CO - Commercial Office: offices, supporting commercial and service uses; and residential use by special use permit (15 units/ acre); EC Entrance Corridor - Overlay to protect properties of historic, architectural or cultural significance from visual impacts of development along routes of tourist access. SECTION: 23.2.2(4) Stand alone parking and parking structures (reference 4.12, 5.1.41). COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Neighborhood Density - residential (3-6 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions and schools and other small-scale non-residential uses. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 32 Parcel 48. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio. CONCURRENT PROJECT: SUB20080092.
13. PROJECT: SP-2008-047. Stony Point Fire Department Addition (Sign #95). PROPOSED: Amend SP-2007-13 to increase size of outbuilding for storage and office uses approved for the expansion of Stony Point Fire Station. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: VR - Village Residential: agriculture, compact residential (0.7 unit/acre); EC - Entrance Corridor: Overlay to protect properties of historic, architectural or cultural significance from visual impacts of development along routes of tourist access. SECTION: 220.127.116.11, Fire and rescue squad stations (reference 5.1.09). COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/ acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: 3827 Stony Point Road (Route 20), 0.2 miles south of intersection of Route 20 and Route 600. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 48 Parcel 18D. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
14. PROJECT: AFD-2008-004. Free Union Agricultural and Forestal District. Proposed: Review of the Free Union Agricultural/Forestal District: Periodic (10-year) review of the Free Union Agricultural/Forestal District, as required in Section 15.2-4311 of the Code of Virginia. The district includes the properties described as Tax map 7, parcels 6, 7, 8A, 9, 9A, 9B, 9B1, 9C; Tax map 16, parcels 4B, 4C, 13A, 13D, 15A, 15A3, 15C, 15E, 15G, 16B, 17, 26, 30B, 36, 37, 38, 39, 52B1, 52B2, 54; Tax Map 17, parcels 8, 8B, 8C, 17C, 18H, 20A2, 22, tax map 29, parcel 1H (part). The district includes a total of 1,401 acres. The area is designated as Rural Area in the Comprehensive Plan and the included properties are zoned RA Rural Areas.
15. To consider adopting resolutions supporting National Scenic Byway All-American Road designations (denoted by “AAR”) and supporting Virginia Byways designation (denoted by “VB”) for roads identified herein: Rt. 20 N (Stony Point Road), from its intersection with Rt. 250 E to the Orange County line (AAR); Rt. 20, from the intersection of Rt. 20 N along that portion also considered part of Rt. 250 E to the City of Charlottesville city limits at Free Bridge (AAR/VB; Rt. 22, from Rt. 250 E to its junction with Rt. 231(AAR); Rt. 53, from the Fluvanna County line to its intersection with Rt. 20 (AAR/VB); Rt. 231, from Rt. 22 to the Louisa County line (AAR); Rt. 250 E, from Rt. 22 to Rt. 729 (Milton Road) (AAR/VB); Rt. 729 (Milton Road), from its intersection with Rt. 250 to its intersection with Rt. 53 (AAR/VB). If these roads are designated All-American Roads by the U.S. Dept. of Transportation, they will become part of the Journey Through Hallowed Ground Corridor from Gettysburg to Monticello and will be eligible for grant funding to support and enhance them. There are no land use restrictions placed on lands abutting designated roads other than on the installation of new signs advertising off-site uses and activities (billboards).
16. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
17. Adjourn to October 24, 2008, 9:00 a.m., at the Department of Forestry.
9.1 Approval of Minutes: March 5, March 12, and March 19, 2008.
9.2 2007-08 ACE Applicant Appraisals and Acquisition of Anderson Easement.
9.3 Resolution Endorsing Rail Preservation Application of Buckingham Branch Railroad Company.
9.4 Reconsideration of FY 2009 Appropriation, $130,422.00 (Form #2009025).
9.5 Letter dated September 25, 2008 from Brandon D. Kiracofe, Environmental Engineer Senior, to the Honorable Kenneth Boyd, Chairman, re: Reissuance of VPDES Permit No. VA0024945, Lake Monticello STP. (on file in Clerk's office)
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|