September 19, 2008
Barbara Kalemba-Sliwinski or Krzysztof Sliwinski
3516 Doctors Crossing
Charlottesville VA 22901
RE: SP2007-00001 Four Seasons Learning Center Amendment (Signs # 10 & 28)
Tax Map 61X1, Parcel 5
Dear Mrs. Sliwinski:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on August 19, 2008, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors, by a vote of 7:0.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
Conditions #1 - #5 below apply to the nursery/day care center:
1. The building, parking and access shall be as shown (with noted dimensions) on the “Plat Showing As-Built Survey Parcel A-Patio House Section Four Seasons Learning Center 254 Lakeview Drive” by David C. Blankenbaker, L.S., dated July 21, 2008.
2. There shall be submitted, no later than sixty (60) days after the date of approval of this special use permit, an as-built site plan which meets the requirements of Zoning Ordinance Section 32.6 Final Site Plan Content, except for those items waived by the Agent as not applicable. The as-built site plan shall meet all of the requirements of Section 32.6 and be approved by the County’s site plan agent prior to occupancy of the nursery/day care center by more than forty (40) children.
3. The number of children occupying the nursery/day care center shall not exceed fifty (50) or the number approved by the Department of Social Services, whichever is less, at any time.
4. A twenty foot buffer shall be maintained between the property and TMP 61X1-AA-B.
5. The concurrent use of the property for a nursery/day care center and a residential use is prohibited.
6. All employees of the day care center shall park on-site.
Conditions #7 - #9 below apply to the use of the facility as offices:
7. The maximum number of employees shall be ten (10).
8. A twenty foot buffer shall be maintained between the property and TMP 61X1-AA-B.
9. 9The concurrent use of the property for an office and a residential use is prohibited.
Conditions #10 & #11 below apply to any use of the property:
10. The concurrent use of the property for a nursery/day care center and an office use is prohibited.
11. The small evergreen tree on the Four Seasons Drive frontage at the corner of the parking shall be relocated toward the building, as recommended by VDOT, a sufficient distance to prevent future line-of-sight problems.
View staff report and attachments
View August 19 exec summary and attachments
Return to October 8 exec summary
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on October 8, 2008.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.
Elaine K. Echols, AICP