1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Recognition of Police Department Reaccreditation.
b. Proclamation recognizing October 2008 as Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
c. Proclamation recognizing the 25th Anniversary of the Literacy Volunteers of Charlottesville/Albemarle.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:45 a.m. – Information/Presentation Items:
8. Community Health Assessment, Lilian Peake.
9. Natural Heritage Committee Annual Report.
10. Update: Journey Through Hallowed Ground Partnership, Cate Magennis Wyatt.
11. Crozet Pool Funding Request.
10:45 a.m. - Action Items:
12. Old Crozet School Reuse Study.
13. Request for donation to Gordonsville Branch Library.
14. Use Value Tax – Revalidation.
15. Request to set public hearings to amend the Albemarle County Service Authority jurisdictional areas:
a. Clifton Lake PRD – to provide water service to Tax Map 79, Parcels 23 and 23F and Tax Map 79C, Parcel 1, located approximately 2,100 feet southwest of the intersection of Rt. 250 and Shadwell Road.
b. Robert and Carolyn Michie - to provide water service to Tax Map 79, Parcels 17 and 17C located on the north side of Route 250, near the intersection of Route 250 and North Milton Road.
c. Kirtley Property/University of Virginia – to provide sewer service through a non-gravity line to the existing warehouse building on Tax Map 59, Parcels 23B1. The property is located on the north side of Route 250 West, adjacent to the Northridge Building.
16. Closed Meeting.
17. Certify Closed Meeting.
18. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Transportation Matters
19. a. VDOT Monthly Report.
b. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
2:30 p.m. – PUBLIC HEARINGS:
20. Proposed issuance of general obligation school bonds of Albemarle County in the estimated maximum principal amount of $30,765,000. The purpose of the proposed bonds is to finance capital projects for public schools.
21. Proposed ordinance to amend Section 4-100, Definitions, and Article III, Licenses, of Chapter 4, Animals and Fowl, of the Albemarle County Code. The ordinance would amend Sec. 4-100 by defining “hearing dog,” “releasing agency,” “service dog,” and “kennel”; and Article III by reorganizing and updating the County Code dog license provisions to conform to Virginia Code provisions; adding the requirement for veterinarians to provide the County Finance Director rabies certificate information forty-five days after vaccinating a dog; providing two and three year dog license options in addition to the one year license; increasing the penalty for making a false statement to secure a dog license and failure to pay the dog license tax to a class 4 misdemeanor; and increasing the dog license tax from $3.00 to $5.00 for spayed and neutered dogs, from $5.00 to $10.00 for unspayed and unneutered dogs, and eliminating the twenty and fifty dog kennel licenses and establishing one kennel license tax of $50.00 for each block of ten dogs. The proposed effective date of this ordinance is November 1, 2008.
22. WPTA-2008-0003. Water Protection Ordinance. To exempt certain public airport improvements from stream buffer regulations. Amend Sec. 17-319, Types of development exempt from duties to retain, establish or manage a stream buffer, to exempt the construction, installation and maintenance of runways, taxiways, and other similar or appurtenant improvements at public airports, including the expansion or extension of those improvements, from the duty to retain, establish or manage a stream buffer, provided that all applicable federal, state and local permits are obtained.
3:00 p.m. - Work Sessions:
23. 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. - Alternative Funding for ACE.
24. 3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. - Community Development Fees – Subdivision Ordinance.
25. 4:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. - ZTA-2006-001. Country Stores.
26. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
27. Adjourn to September 10, 2008, 2:00 p.m.
7.0 Resolution: Disaster Declaration Due to Drought Conditions.
7.1 State Reductions in Aid to Localities for FY 2009 and FY 2010.
7.2 County Facilities Revised Rental Application and Rental Rate Increase.
7.3 Set public hearing to consider request to abandon 50-foot right-of-way on TMP 56-35 (Zinnser-Booth) in the Crozet Community.
7.4 Fiscal Year 2009 Performance Contract between Region Ten & the Virginia Department of Mental Health, Mental Retardation & Substance Abuse Services (VDMHMRSAS).
7.5 Resolution of Support of the Regional Action Agenda for Housing.
7.6 Request FY 2008 Appropriation.
7.7 Requested FY2009 Appropriations.
7.8 Personnel Policy Revisions: P-84 “Annual Leave”, P-80, "Absences", P-60, “Salary Administration and Position Classification” and the addition of P-89 “Workers Compensation”.
7.9 Resolution of the Economic Development Authority of Albemarle County, Virginia, authorizing the issuance of up to $195,000,000 in revenue bonds for Martha Jefferson Hospital and MJH Foundation.
7.10 Resolution to Allow Lighting of Darden Towe Park Tennis Courts (deferred from August 13, 2008).
7.11 August 2008 Board-to-Board, Monthly Communications Report from School Board, School Board Chairman.
7.12 Draft 2009 Thomas Jefferson Planning District Legislative Program.
7.13 JAUNT FY 2007-08 Annual Report.
7.14 Order for Notice and Hearing issued by the Virginia State Corporation Commission on applications filed by Columbia Gas of Virginia, Inc:
a. for approval of amendments to its tariff provisions filed pursuant to Section 56-126 of the Code of Virginia, Case No. PUE -2008-00059. (on file in Clerk's Office)
b. for approval of an experimental Weather Normalization Adjustment mechanism pursuant to Section 56-234 of the Code of Virginia, Case No. PUE-2008-00074. (on file in Clerk's Office)
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|