1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Roxanne White, Service on Region Ten Community Services Board.
b. Proclamation recognizing August 26, 2008 as Women’s Equality Day.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:40 a.m. – Action Items
8. Proposed 2009 Legislative Priorities, David Blount.
9. Star Swimming Request for Funding.
10:00 a.m. – PUBLIC HEARINGS:
10. Proposed FY 2008 Budget Amendment.
11. PROJECT: AFD-2008-005. Moorman’s River Agricultural and Forestal District. Ordinance to amend Section 3-222, Moorman’s River Agricultural and Forestal District, of Division 2, Districts, of Article II, Districts of Statewide Significance, of Chapter 3, Agricultural and Forestal Districts, of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed ordinance would add TMP 57-69 to the district.
12. WPTA-2008–002. Fees and Miscellaneous. Amend Secs. 17-104, Definitions, B17-20417-204, Review and approval of erosion and sediment control plan, B17-20817-208, Amendment of erosion and sediment control plan, 17-209, Fees, 17-212, Inspections, and 17-310, Fees, of Chapter 17, Water Protection, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Secs. 17-209 and 17-310 to increase the fees charged for almost all listed applications, reviews, approvals, inspections and other services provided by the County in the administration of the County’s erosion and sediment control and stormwater management regulations in Chapter 17 of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed fee increases are necessary to assure that the fees cover the cost to the County to provide those services and are authorized by Virginia Code §§ 10.1-562 and 10.1-603.10. This ordinance also would amend Secs. 17-104 to add definitions, 17-204 and 17-208 to provide that the program authority may act on variance requests, and 17-212 to correctly identify the department of community development.
13. BRTA-2008-001. Building Regulation Fees and Miscellaneous. Amend Secs. 5-100, Purpose and intent, 5-101, Building inspection office established; powers and duties, 5-200, Permit and inspection fees, generally, 5-201, Fees for building permits, 5-202, Fees for electrical permits, 5-203, Fees for plumbing permits, 5-204, Fees for mechanical permits, 5-206, Fee for demolition permits, 5-207, Fees for zoning inspections, and 5-208, Fees for other permits, plan amendments and reinspections, of Chapter 5, Building Regulations, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Secs. 5-201, 5-202, 5-203, 5-204, 5-206, 5-207 and 5-208 to increase the fees charged for almost all listed applications, permits, reviews, approvals, inspections and other services provided by the County in the administration and enforcement of Chapter 5 of the Albemarle County Code. The proposed fee increases are necessary to defray the costs to enforcing the building code and appeals. The proposed fee increases are authorized by Virginia Code § 36-105. This ordinance also would amend Secs. 5-100, 5-101 and 5-200 to correctly identify the department of community development; Sec. 5-200 also would be amended to require payment of the fee at the time of application.
11:00 a.m. – Information/Presentation Items:
14. Airport Runway Extension Project, Presentation by Barbara Hutchinson.
15. Budget Process Review Committee Report.
16. Before the Storm: Reducing the Damage from Polluted Stormwater Runoff (Report prepared by the Southern Environmental Law Center, the Rivanna Conservation Society, and the University of Virginia School’s Environmental Law and Conservation Clinic), Presentation by Morgan Butler.
17. Closed Meeting.
18. Certify Closed Meeting.
19. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Transportation Matters
20. a. VDOT Monthly Report.
b. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
21. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: January 23 and May 14, 2008.
7.2 Requested FY 2009 Appropriations.
7.3 Set public hearing to consider proposed ordinance to update definitions and dog license provisions of animal ordinance to conform to Virginia Code and to increase the dog license tax.
7.4 Resolution to accept road(s) in Highlands Phase 2B Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
7.5 Resolution to accept road(s) in Rustling Oaks Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
7.6 Request to add representative from Habitat for Humanity to Housing Committee.
7.7 Resolution to Affirm the County’s Authorization to Pick-Up Employee’s Contribution to Virginia Retirement System Under § 414(h) of the Internal Revenue Code.
7.8 Offender Aid and Restoration’s Community Correction and Pretrial Services Program – Supplemental Appropriation Request.
7.9 Cancel September 10, 2008 Board of Supervisors’ meeting.
7.10 July 2008 Board-to-Board, Monthly Communications Report from School Board, School Board Chairman.
7.11 Proffer Management – FY 2008 Fourth Quarter Cash Proffer Report.
7.12 2008 Development Review Process Changes for Zoning Map Amendments and Special Use Permits.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|