1. Call to Order.
2. Discussion and Action: ZTA-2007-005. Downtown Crozet District (DCD).
3. Discussion and Action: ZMA-2008-002. Downtown Crozet District (DCD).
4. Discussion: Policy Regarding Board Minutes.
5. FY07–FY10 Strategic Plan – June 2008 Update.
7. Call to Order.
8. Pledge of Allegiance.
9. Moment of Silence.
10. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
11. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
12. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
13. PROJECT: SP-2007-056. Rivanna Plaza. PROPOSED: Drive thru lane for proposed retail building. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: Highway Commercial (HC); EC Entrance Corridor Overlay. SECTION: 24.2.2(13) Special Use Permit, which allows for drive-in windows serving or associated with permitted uses. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE: Regional Service in Urban Area 1. LOCATION: Northwest side of Seminole Trail (Rt 29) approximately 1,100 north of Woodbrook Drive. TAX MAP/PARCEL: TMP 45-109 and 45-112C1. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio. CONCURRENT PROJECT: SDP-2007-00137.
14. PROJECT: SP-2008-07. Lebanon Evangelical Presbyterian Church (Sign # 8). PROPOSED: Special Use Permit to bring an existing church into conformance with the zoning ordinance and to allow the construction of a storage building. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre). SECTION: 10.2.2 (35) church building and adjunct cemetery. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/density (.5 unit/ acre); Entrance Corridor Overlay. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: 8312 Brooksville Road; north side of Route 250 West; approximately .10 mile east of Plank Road; in the Greenwood area. TAX MAP/PARCEL: TMP 70-2; TMP 70-2A; TMP 70-3A. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
15. PROJECT: ZTA-2007-001. Zero lot lines. PROPOSED: Amend Sections 3.1 (Definitions), 4.11.3 (Reduction of building separation and side yards) and its subsections, 14.3 (Area and bulk regulations, 15.3 (Area and bulk regulations), 16.3 (Area and bulk regulations), 17.3 (Area and bulk regulations), 18.3 (Area and bulk regulations) of the Zoning Ordinance (Chapter 18 of the Albemarle County Code). This ordinance would amend section 3.1 by defining “zero lot line” and “zero lot line development); section 4.11.3 and its subsections by revising the regulations for reduced side yard setbacks for primary structures not within zero lot line developments, adding regulations to allow reducing the minimum building separation or side yards for detached dwellings in zero lot line developments to zero feet if there is adequate fire flow, and deleting a provision that grandfathered plats approved prior to January 1, 1983 from certain requirements of subsection 18.104.22.168; and would amend sections 14.3, 15.3, 16.3, 17.3 and 18.3 by revising the respective district yard regulations to allow minimum side yards to be reduced to zero feet on one side in qualifying zero lot line developments.
16. To consider an ordinance to amend Chapter 4, Animals and Fowl, of the Albemarle County Code, by adding Article IV, Animal Noise, section 4-601, Noise from animals; section 4-602, Complaints of animal noises; and section 4-603, Penalty for violation; making it unlawful for the owner or custodian of an animal to harbor an animal which disturbs the peace and quiet of any person in the County through frequent, excessive and untimely sounds. The proposed ordinance would not apply to lots zoned Rural Areas that are five acres or more in area and exempts noises made by livestock or poultry and noises made by animals in an animal shelter or commercial kennel.
17. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
18. Adjourn to June 18, 2008, 12:00 Noon, Room 241, Luncheon with School Board.
12.1 Copy of letter dated May 21, 2008, from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Kirk Hughes, L.S. c/o Kirk Hughes & Associates, re: LOD-2008-010 - OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS - Tax Map 82, Parcel 4 (property of Hugh H. Taylor, g. Wayne Taylor, Virginia G. Leake, C.B. & N.D. Goddin) - Rivanna Magisterial District.
12.2 Notice from the Virginia State Corporation Commission providing copy of Application of Virginia Electric and Power Company to revise its Fuel Factor pursuant to Virginia Code §56-249.6 Case No. PUE-2008-00039.
12.3 Weldon Cooper Center Transfer of Development Rights (TDR) Stakeholders Dialogue.
12.4 Resolution Supporting Study of Maintenance Dredging of the South Fork Rivanna Reservoir and Efforts to Promote Water Conservation.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|