1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Proclamation recognizing May 18-24, 2008 as Emergency Medical Services Week.
b. Proclamation recognizing May 11-17, 2008 as National Police Memorial Week.
c. Proclamation recognizing May 2008 as Historic Preservation Month.
d. Dan Eggleston – Harvard University’s Senior Executives in State and Local Government Program.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:45 a.m. – 12:00 noon - Action Items
8. Request to change name of Industrial Development Authority to Economic Development Authority.
9. Formation of Crozet Library Steering Committee.
10. Local Government Resource Management.
11. Regulating the number of adult dogs allowed per dwelling in residential zoning districts.
12. Set public hearing to consider proposed ordinance which addresses animal noises.
13. Closed Session.
14. Certify Closed Session.
15. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Transportation Matters
16. a. VDOT Monthly Report/Advance Mills Bridge Update.
b. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
17. PROJECT: SP-2007-064. Camp Watermarks (Sign #29). PROPOSED: Amendment of special use permit for day camp to permit increase of an activity building from 800 square feet to 2,160 square feet. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre); FH Flood Hazard - Overlay to provide safety and protection from flooding. SECTION: 10.2.2.20, Day camp, boarding camp (reference 5.1.05). COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: 1145 James River Drive, west of Route 726 and Hatton Ferry Road. TAX MAP/PARCELS: Tax Map 136 Parcels 6B, 9, 9A2, 9D, 9D1, 9E. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
18. PROJECT: SP-2007-065. Herring Property - Verizon Wireless PSWF (Signs #30&72). PROPOSED: Installation of a personal wireless facility with a 73-foot tall treetop monopole tower. ZONING CATEGORY/ GENERAL USAGE: RA - Rural Areas; EC Entrance Corridor overlay. SECTION: 10.2.2(48) Special Use Permit, which allows for Tier III personal wireless facilities. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE: Rural Area in Rural Area 3. LOCATION: Tax Map Parcel 05300-00-00-00600, contains 83.417 acres, off of Green Hill Lane approximately 1/2-mile northwest of the Route 64 West overpass of New Town Road [Route 690]. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
19. PROJECT: ZMA-2007-025. Wavertree Hall LLC (Signs #104&105). PROPOSAL: Rezone 145.33 acres from PRD Planned Residential District zoning district which allows residential use (3 - 34 units/acre) with limited commercial uses to RA Rural Areas; residential density (0.5 unit/acre) zoning district which allows agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses and 0.5 unit/acre. PROFFERS: No. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: Plank Road (Route 692), approximately 0.75 miles west of the intersection with Dick Woods Road (Route 637). TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 70 Parcel 39. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
20. ZTA-2007-006. Monticello Historic District (MHD) - Monticello Scholar Residence. PROPOSAL: Zoning text amendment to amend the MHD regulations by adding Section 11.3.1(24) to allow "Monticello Scholar Residence" as a use permitted by right. The existing density for new residential development authorized in the MHD is one dwelling unit per twenty-one acres, and the proposed zoning text amendment would not change that density.
21. PROJECT: ZMA-2007-023. Montalto (Signs #87&90). PROPOSAL: Rezone 329.68 acres from RA Rural Areas zoning district which allows RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre) to MHD Monticello Historic District zoning district, a planned historic district to permit the restoration, preservation, education, programs, research and business activities related to the operation of a historic house museum and historic site at Monticello; residential density (1 unit / 21 acres). PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (.5 unit/acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: 1400 Montalto Loop Road, Route 53 at the entrance to Monticello. TAX MAP/PARCELS: TMP 77-31; TMP 77-31B; TMP 78-25A. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
22. WPTA-2008-00001. Water Protection Ordinance; stream crossings for roads, streets and driveways; mitigation plans. Amend Sec. 17-320, Types of development authorized in stream buffer, Sec. 17-321, Types of development which may be allowed in stream buffer by program authority, and Sec. 17-322, Mitigation plans, of Chapter 17, Water Protection, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would add stream crossings for roads, streets and driveways as an authorized type of development in a stream buffer, subject to specific requirements (Sec. 17-320); would authorize the program authority under specified conditions to allow stream crossings for roads, streets and driveways that could not meet the requirements of Sec. 17-320, subject to approval of a mitigation plan (Sec. 17-321); and would amend the procedural and substantive requirements for mitigation plans (Sec. 17-322).
23. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
24. Adjourn to May 14, 2008, 3:30 p.m., Room 241.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: September 12 and November 7, 2007; January 9, 2008.
7.2 McIntire Road Skatepark Renovation.
7.3 Acquisition of Conservation Easements (ACE) Ranking Order for FY 2007-08 Applicant Class.
7.4 Requested FY 2008 Appropriations.
7.5 Appointment of Howard G. Lagomarsino as an Assistant Fire Marshal.
7.6 Habit for Humanity Southwood Clean Up Project.
7.7 Rural Rustic Roads Paving Projects.
7.8 Revised Historic Preservation Committee Rules of Procedure Regarding Membership.
7.9 State Rail Plan Resolution.
7.10 FY 2008/2009 Resolution of Appropriations.
7.11 Board-to-Board, May 2008, Monthly Communications Report from School Board, School Board Chairman.
7.12 2007 Annual Report of the Citizens Advisory Committee of the Charlottesville-Albemarle Public Defender Office.
7.13 FY08 Third Quarter Financial Report.
7.14 Copy of letter dated April 15, 2008, from Ronald L. Higgins, Chief of Zoning, to Brian S. Ray, c/o Roger W. Ray & Assoc., re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS - Tax Map 8, Parcel 40 (property of Gary Wayne Morris) – White Hall Magisterial District.
7.15 Comparative Report of Local Government Revenues and Expenditures for Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2007 as prepared by the Commonwealth of Virginia, Auditor of Public Accounts. (on file in Clerk's office)
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|