April 16, 2008
1145 James River Road
Scottsville, Va 24590
RE: SP200700064 Camp Watermarks Amendment
Tax Map 136, Parcels 6B, 9, 9A2, 9D, 9D1, 9E
Dear Ms. Critzer:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on April 1, 2008, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors, by a vote of 7:0.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
improvements, and the scale and location of the improvements authorized by
Special Use Permit
2007-08 2007-64 Camp Watermarks, shall be in
general accord with the concept application plan dated May 29, 2007,
February 15, 2008, prepared by Angela and Travis Critzer, and titled
“Watermarks Christian Ministries Camp” (Attachment A). However, the
Zoning Administrator may approve revisions to the concept application plan to
allow compliance with the Zoning Ordinance.
2. Compliance with the Virginia Statewide Fire Prevention Code shall be verified by the Fire Marshall prior to issuance of a zoning compliance clearance.
3. Amendment of the building permit for a storage building (permit # 2007-2448 NNR), as shown on the concept application plan (Attachment A), shall be required to allow overnight occupancy of staff, as well as other camp uses.
4. Prior to issuance of the zoning compliance clearance, compliance with the Virginia State Department of Health (VDH) regarding minimum septic requirements shall be required. The VDH shall re-review the status of septic standards within one year of the date of the approval of the special use permit. At that time, and if necessary, systems shall be upgraded or enrolment reduced based on VDH recommendations.
5. Prior to issuance of the zoning compliance clearance, compliance with the Virginia State Department of Health regarding kitchen and food service approvals shall be verified.
6. Total number of staff (in addition to the applicant and their family) on site at one time shall be limited to twenty (20).
7. Camp sessions shall be limited to a maximum of sixteen (16), each one (1) week long, overnight sessions per year.
8. The maximum number of children per session shall be limited to seventy five (75).
9. The maximum number of bus or van trips (round trips) to and from the camp, each week long session shall be six (6). Bus or van trips shall be the primary means of transportation for the children.
10. Five food deliveries by truck shall be permitted per week long session.
11. Camp activities are permitted on Tax Map 136, Parcels 6B, 9, 9A2, 9D, 9D1, 9E.
12. Outdoor amplified sounds or bull horns shall be prohibited.
13. Compliance with the Virginia State Department of Health regarding water supply shall be verified by the Health Department prior to issuance of a zoning compliance clearing and the commencement of the special use. The VDH shall re-review the status of water standards within one year of the date of the approval of the special use permit. At that time, and if necessary, systems shall be upgraded or enrolment reduced based on VDH recommendations.
14. This special use permit does not include approval for additional lighting subject to Chapter 18, Section 4.17 of the Zoning Ordinance.
View PC staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on May 7, 2008.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.