February 26, 2008
Edward H. Bain, Jr.
420 Park Street
Charlottesville, Va 22902
RE: ZMA2007-00021 Cavalier Mini Storage
Tax Map 78, Parcel 36
Dear Mr. Bain:
On February 5, 2008, the Albemarle County Planning Commission approved a motion to recommend denial of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors by a vote of 4:1. This recommendation of denial was based on the following staff recommendations:
1. The proposed zoning classification is inconsistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
2. The proposed zoning classification would generate traffic above that normally anticipated in the Rural Areas.
3. There is no indentified public need for additional Highway Commercial in this area.
4. The property is located at the gateway to the Southern Albemarle Historic District and is across the street from properties that have been placed under easement and are also important historic resources.
5. The proffered eliminations of by-right uses in the Highway Commercial District do not mitigate the potential negative impacts of this rezoning.
View Staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on March 12, 2008. It is the Board of Supervisorís preference that a public hearing not be advertised until all of the final materials for a zoning application have been received by the County and are available for public review. The proffers you offered with your application is included in the information sent to the Board of Supervisors. Please review the attached proffer policy established by the Board of Supervisors on December 7, 2005.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.