1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. VACo Annual Achievement Award.
b. Energy Star Award.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:40 a.m. – Information/Presentation Items:
8. James Utterback, VDoT Culpeper District Administrator.
9. Board-to-Board, Monthly Communications Report from School Board, School Board Chairman.
10. a. ACSA Quarterly Update, Gary Fern.
1. Albemarle Place - Meeting with Edens & Avant on September 24, 2008.
2. North Fork Pump Station.
b. RWSA Quarterly Update, Tom Frederick.
10:20 a.m. - Action Items:
11. 2009 Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission (TJPDC) Legislative Program
10:30 a.m. - Public hearings:
12. PROJECT: SP-2008-018. Rosewood Village Rehab Services – Greenbrier. PROPOSED: Allow non-residents of Rosewood Village to use the Rosewood Village rehab facility. LOCATION: 500 Greenbrier Drive. Northeast corner of Greenbrier Drive and Westfield Road. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 61-W/02-1. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
13. PROJECT: SP-2008-019. Rosewood Village Rehab Services - Hollymead Town Center. PROPOSED: Allow non-residents of Rosewood Village to use the Rosewood Village rehab facility. LOCATION: 2029 Lockwood Drive. The property is located approximately 1,500 feet from U.S. Route 29 along Timberwood Boulevard in the Hollymead Town Center. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 32/41K. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
14. PROJECT: SP-2008-021. Co-Construct Home Occ B. (Sign #47). PROPOSED: Home Occupation, Class B to allow up to 2 employees associated with a internet-based home business. LOCATION: 1814 Clay Drive, Crozet, VA 22932, in the Waylands Grant subdivision, off of Jarman's Gap Road (RT 691), approx. 700 ft from the intersection of Crozet Ave (Rt 810). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 55D-49. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
15. To amend the Albemarle County Service Authority jurisdictional areas for Robert and Carolyn Michie to provide water service to Tax Map 79, Parcels 17 and 17C located on the north side of Route 250, near the intersection of Route 250 and North Milton Road (Rt 729) and adjacent to the GOCO Oil site. Znd RA. Rivanna Dist.
16. To amend the Albemarle County Service Authority jurisdictional areas for Kirtley Property/ University of Virginia to provide water and sewer service to Tax Map 59, Parcels 23B1. Property located on north side of Rt 250 West, adjacent to the Northridge Building and the Volvo of Charlottesville site. Znd C-1, Commercial and RA. Samuel Miller Dist.
17. FY 2009 Budget Amendment.
18. Revalidation Ordinance Amendment. An ordinance to amend Chapter 15, Taxation, of the Albemarle County Code, by amending Section 15-803, Same – Processing; Continuation of Assessments, etc.; Fees, of Article VIII, Special Assessments for Agricultural, Horticultural, Forest or Open Space Real Estate. The proposed amendment would require effective tax year 2010 that property owners in the Land Use Value Tax Program verify every two years that participating properties continue to meet Program requirements and would establish a filing deadline and late filing fee.
19. Transient Occupancy Tax Ordinance Amendment. An ordinance to amend Chapter 15, Taxation, of the Albemarle County Code, by amending Section 15-901, Imposed; Amount of Tax, of Article IX, Transient Occupancy Tax. The proposed amendment would conform the County’s transient occupancy tax to the new State law that requires the County to designate and spend that portion of the revenue collected from the transient occupancy tax rate over two percent solely for tourism and travel, marketing of tourism or initiatives that, as determined after consultation with the local tourism industry organizations, attract travelers to the County and generate tourism revenues in the County.
20. Closed Meeting.
21. Certify Closed Meeting.
22. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Transportation Matters
23. a. VDOT Monthly Report.
b. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
c. Ashcroft Traffic Calming Resolution.
d. Primary Road Improvement Priorities.
24. 2:45 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. - Eastern Connector Alignment Study.
25. Voting Credentials for VACo Annual Business Meeting.
26. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
Recess and Reconvene in Room 241.
27. 4:00 p.m. – Joint Meeting with School Board,
a. Call to Order.
b. Discussion: Total Compensation Report.
c. Matters not Listed on Agenda.
28. Adjourn to October 8, 2008, 3:00 p.m., Room 241.
7.1 Approval of Minutes: December 12, 2007; February 11, March 5, March 12, March 19, July 9, July 23, August 5, September 3 and September 10, 2008.
7.2 Resolution to Fix Compensation for Albemarle County Service Authority Board Members.
7.3 Resolution Supporting National Byway All-American Road Designation for Route 20, Route 22 and Route 231.
7.4 Resolution Supporting Virginia Byway Designation for Route 53, Route 729 (Milton Road) and portions of Route 20 and Route 250.
7.5 Resolution Supporting State Scenic River designation for the South Fork of the Rivanna River and the Rivanna River from the South Fork Rivanna River Reservoir Dam to the site of the former Woolen Mills Dam.
7.6 Resolution to accept the abandonment of Route 640 (Turkey Sag Road) in the State Secondary Road System.
7.7 Resolution to Endorse Pedestrian Bridge Project in the City of Charlottesville.
7.8 FY 2008 Appropriations.
7.9 Destruction of FY 2003 Paid Personal Property Tax Receipts.
7.10 Set Dates related to development of FY 09/10 Budget Calendar.
7.11 2008 Statement of Assessed Values for Local Tax Purposes for Railroads and Interstate Pipeline Transmission Companies as certified by the Department of Taxation (on file in Clerk's office).
7.12 2008 Statements of Assessed Value for the Electric, Gas, Telecommunications and Water Companies; and Listing of Motor Vehicle Carrier Companies Subject to Annual Rolling Stock Tax Administered by the Public Service Taxation Division for Albemarle County, as certified by the State Corporation Commission (on file in Clerk's office).
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|