Appropriation #2008084 $ 94,100.00
Revenue Source: Local Revenue $ 94,100.00
At its meeting on August 28, 2008, the School Board approved the following appropriations:
At its meeting on September 11, 2008, the School Board approved the following appropriations:
· The University of Virginia’s mathematics Outreach Office has awarded Albemarle County Schools with a grant in the amount of $30,000.00. These funds were used towards the salaries of two Math Specialists at the middle school level.
Appropriation #2008085 $ 308,929.65
Revenue Source: General Fund Balance $308,929.65
Several general government departments will require an additional appropriation to cover FY 2008 expenditures. This request will appropriate $308,929.65 from the General Fund Balance to the following departments:
· Board of Supervisors Overtime, Part-time Wages, $ 20,906.76
Temporary Help Fees
The Board Office incurred additional overtime and part-time wages resulting from an increase in Board meetings and transcription services.
· Circuit Court Books & Subscriptions $ 1,404.19
A new Circuit Court judge was appointed during FY 2007 resulting in an increase in books and subscription costs.
· Police Motor Vehicles Fuel $ 1,992.89
Motor vehicle fuel costs in the Police Department exceeded budget.
· Police Overtime-Reimbursable $ 4,083.89
The Police Department exceeded the appropriated budget for reimbursable overtime which is offset by an increase in revenue for this service.
· City Fire Contract $ 23,376.18
Based on the City Fire Contract terms, the FY 2008 payment due the City exceeded the appropriated budget.
· Regional Jail $217,994.09
The County’s share of inmate population in proportion to other member entities was higher than anticipated resulting in the County’s share of expenses being over the County’s budget.
· Facilities Development Temporary Help Fees $ 2,872.68
As a result of staff turnover, temporary help fees were incurred to maintain essential clerical office support during the hiring process.
· Tax Relief for the Elderly $ 36,268.85
Increases to the net worth and income limits for 2008 resulted in an increase in participants and relief amount received through the Tax Relief
for the Elderly and Disabled Program.
· Soil & Water Conservation VRS $ 30.12
The Virginia Retirement System contribution for the one County-funded position exceeded the FY 2008 appropriation.
Appropriation #2008086 $117,209.14
Revenue Source: Local Revenue $ 14,732.94
State Revenue 102,476.20
The Commission on Children and Families exceeded their FY 2008 appropriated expenditures by $117,209.14. This over expenditure was offset by additional State Grant Revenue in the amount of $102,476.20 and additional funding from the City of Charlottesville in the amount of $14,732.94.
Return to exec summary