1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
9:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. - Information Items
8. Rivanna Station Update, by Colonel Moffatt.
9. Presentation, Department of Rail and Transportation.
10. Annual Housing Report.
11. Western Park Master Plan Update.
11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. - Action Item
12. Draft Safer Chemical Management Procedure.
13. Closed Meeting.
14. Certify Closed Meeting.
15. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Transportation Matters
16. a. VDOT Monthly Report/Advance Mills Bridge Update.
b. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
17. 2:30 p.m. - Appeal: SUB-2008-022. Bellair #5 Preliminary Plat. Request for preliminary plat approval to create 2 lots on 2.066 acres. Zoned R-1 Residential.Tax Map 76C-02 Parcel . Located on Deer Path Road (Rt 809) at intersection with Old Farm Road (Rt 846). The Comprehensive Plan designates this property as Neighborhood Density in Urban Area 6. Samuel Miller Magisterial District.
3:00 p.m. - Public Hearings:
18. An ordinance to amend Chapter 2, Administration, of the Albemarle County Code, to amend Section 2-202, Compensation of board of supervisors, to increase the compensation of the members of the Board of Supervisors by an inflation factor of 3.35% effective July 1, 2008 from $14,071.00 per annum to $14,542.00 per annum.
19. An ordinance to amend Chapter 2, Administration, Article VI, Industrial Development Authority, of the Albemarle County Code to change the name of the Industrial Development Authority of Albemarle County, Virginia to the Economic Development Authority of Albemarle County, Virginia.
20. Request to amend the Albemarle County Service Authority jurisdictional areas to allow water service to Tax Map 59-17B (575 Bloomfield Road, Charlottesville, Elizabeth Gilliland Fennel). Samuel Miller Magisterial District.
3:40 p.m. - Work Sessions:
21. Community Development Work Program – Rural Area Strategies.
22. Fill and Waste – Disposal of Asphalt Pavement.
23. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6:00 p.m. – Joint Public Hearing with Planning Commission
24. PROJECT: ZTA-2007-005. Downtown Crozet District (DCD). PROPOSED: Zoning text amendment to establish new zoning district in the Crozet community of Albemarle County.
25. PROJECT: ZMA-2008-002. Downtown Crozet District (DCD). PROPOSED: Zoning map amendment to rezone approximately 54 acres from C-1, Commercial, CO, Commercial Office, PD-SC, Planned Development-Shopping Center, R-2, Residential, and Rural Areas, RA to Downtown Crozet District (DCD) (reference ZTA 2007-0005), a new mixed-use district that would allow retail, service, office, public and civic uses, along with light industrial and residential uses. White Hall Magisterial District.
26. Adjourn to June 11, 2008, 4:00 p.m., Room 241.
7.1. Requested FY 2008 Appropriations.
7.2. Authorize County Executive to sign VDoT Project Administration Agreement and the Pass-Through Agreement with the Lewis and Clark Exploratory Center of Virginia.
7.3. Set public hearing to consider Ordinance to change the location of the Central Absentee Voter Precinct.
7.4. Priority Areas for Pedestrian Crossing/Sidewalk Improvements.
7.5 Resolution to accept road(s) in Reas Ford Village Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
7.6. Crozet Streetscape-Jarmans Gap Road, Authorize the County Executive to sign Memorandum of Agreement with VDoT.
7.7 Transportation Funding Resolution.
7.8 Board-to-Board, June 2008, Monthly Communications Report from School Board, School Board Chairman.
7.9 Copy of letter dated May 16, 2008, from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to John W. Smith and Emily W. Chewning, re: LOD-2008-0004 - OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS - Tax Map 66, Parcel 6; Tax Map 65, Parcel 115; Tax Map 65, Parcel 116 (property of John W. Smith and Emily W. Chewning) – Rivanna Magisterial District.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|