310 East Main Street, Ste 200
Charlottesville, VA 22902
RE: SP2007-00027 Emmanuel Episcopal Church Amendment (Sign # 4)
Tax Map 70, Parcels 12, 13, 13A
Dear Mr. Lieberth:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on February 19, 2008, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
Changes from the conditions approved with the previous application SP 1999-48 (conditions 1-6) are shown with strikethroughs and underlines. Conditions 7-15 are new with SP 2007-27.
1. There shall be no day care center or private school on site without a separate special use permit.
Virginia Department of Transportation approval of the entrance width and
2. Approval from the Health Department for the septic system and well shall be required prior to approval of an issuance of a building permit.
3. Future burials in the cemetery shall be limited to areas outside the 100-year flood plain.
of the mausoleum
structure shall require amendment to this special use permit.
(Tombs inside may be added ).
Any future expansion of the church structures and / or size of
or use shall require amendment to this special use
6. Special Use Permit SP2007-27 Emmanuel Episcopal Church shall be developed in general accord with the concept application plan, provided by the applicant and received December 21, 2007 (Attachment A.) However, the Zoning Administrator may approve revisions to the concept application plan to allow compliance with the Zoning Ordinance.
7. Construction of the new building or the columbarium, as identified on the concept site plan (Attachment A) shall commence on or before March 19, 2013, or the portion of this special use permit authorizing the new building and the columbarium shall be deemed abandoned and the authority granted hereunder related to the new building and the columbarium shall be thereupon terminate.
8. Tree protection measures shall be required on the erosion & sediment control plan in accordance with the Virginia Erosion and Sediment Control Handbook and the tree protection measures shall be installed prior to any land disturbing activity.
9. The parking lot shall be paved using prime and double seal surface or, at the option of the permittee, another surface material approved by the County Engineer deemed equivalent or better than a prime and double seal surface in regard to strength, durability, sustainability and long-term maintenance.
10. All outdoor lighting shall be arranged or shielded to reflect light away from the abutting properties. A lighting plan reasonably limiting the amount of adverse outdoor light pollution shall be submitted to the Zoning Administrator for approval as a condition of site plan approval.
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes: Feb 19 and Feb 26, 2008
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on March 19, 2008.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.