COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
ZMA 2007-006 Three Notch’d Center
Rezone from LI Light Industrial to PDSC Planned District Shopping Center to redevelop the property into two buildings, a total of 40,460 square feet.
LEGAL REVIEW: YES
December 12, 2007
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
Jeffrey Sprouse; represented by Jo Higgins, Project Development Ltd.
A public hearing was held on this rezoning at the Planning Commission on September 18, 2007. The Commission recommended approval of the rezoning to the Board of Supervisors. This motion for approval was conditioned upon the following corrections to the application plan and proffers:
• Clarify the “Evergreen screening trees for EC Corridor” note on the plan.
• Provide conceptual grading.
• Provide for the additional pedestrian way in the center of the parking lot.
• Revise the plan to indicate that landscaping will be provided along the east side of the shared driveway to the satisfaction of the ARB, with a landscape easement provided by the adjacent owner.
• Add the following note to the plan: “Landscaping shown on this conceptual plan does not meet ARB Guidelines and will be redesigned at preliminary and final site plan review to meet the Guidelines, as required by the ARB, with additional planting area provided, as necessary, to accommodate ARB requirements.”
• Minor format revisions are needed by the County Attorney to the proffers.
The applicant has submitted a revised application plan and proffers that address all conditions listed above in the Commission’s recommendation. The applicant has also provided a letter from the adjoining property owner indicating that all easements necessary for the shared entrance into the property and for landscaping will be granted.
Staff recommends approval of ZMA 07-006 with the attached application plan and proffers. (Attachment I and II)
ZMA 07-06, dated December 1, 2007
II. Application Plan titled Three Notch’d Center, dated August 15, 2007, and prepared by NP Engineering
Return to PC actions letter