November 26, 2007
6482 Dick Woods Rd
Charlottesville VA 22903
RE: SP2007-00021 Beth Goldstein (Yoga Meditation Studio)
Tax Map 71, Parcel 21
Dear Ms. Goldstein:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on November 13, 2007, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
Action on Special Use Permit:
1) The school use shall be limited to a school of yoga and meditation instruction, and the location and scale of improvements for that use shall be developed in general accord with the conceptual plan titled "Ms. Beth Goldstein/Yoga-Meditation Studio," prepared by Studio Elle, LLC, dated 8-2-07, and revised 10/3/07, provided that:
a) Staff approval of a revised landscape plan shall be required. Plantings for screening of the parking lot, to consist of a naturalistic pattern of multi-species trees and shrubs, as listed in the brochure titled “Native Plants for Conservation, Restoration, and Landscaping: Piedmont Plateau,” published by the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation, are to extend along the northwest edge of the parking area from the property line to the existing framed shed shown on the conceptual plan. These plantings to be arranged in a density that would mitigate views of the parking area, with a spacing allowing the natural form/habit of the plant material to be recognized.
2) Maximum attendance on any day shall be 18 students. C
3) Classes shall take place on no more than 4 days per week.
4) No outdoor amplified sound systems shall be operated for the school use.
5) Classes shall take place on no more than 20 days per calendar month. Hours of operation shall be no earlier than 8 a.m and no later than 8 p.m.
6) The use shall not commence and the zoning clearance for the use shall not be issued until:
a) The Virginia Department of Transportation approves the sight-distance easements and the construction of the entrance improvements
b) The Virginia Department of Health approves well and septic systems
c) Community Development staff approves a revised landscaping plan for
d) SDP-2007-00095 that satisfies Condition 1(a).
The motion for approval passed by a vote of 4:1.
Action on Site Plan Waiver:
1. Staff approval of a revised plan showing
a) Landscaping consistent with condition 1(a) of SP 2007-00021
b) Parking stops as approved by the County Engineer
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on December 12, 2007.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.