October 26, 2007
Gregory Solis - Atwood Architects
215 5th Street, SW, Suite 100
Charlottesville, VA 22903
RE: SP2007-00026 Crozet Station
Tax Map 56A2, Parcel 29
Dear Mr. Solis:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on October 16, 2007, recommended approval by a vote of 5:1 of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. Development shall be in general accord with the concept plan entitled, “Crozet Station, prepared by Atwood Architects, Inc. dated May 23, 2007”.
2. The final site plan shall not be approved until the applicant has provided evidence that an easement has been executed to provide inter-parcel access to the property to the east.
3. There shall be no disturbance of the stream buffer.
4. Affordable housing shall be provided in keeping with the County’s affordable housing policy and all of the additional housing shall be workforce housing. (This item must be addressed prior to the Board of Supervisors’ meeting because it isn’t known how the applicant intends to accomplish provision of affordable units.)
5. Residential amenities such as an outdoor plaza, paved path to the greenway, or civic green area shall be provided, to the satisfaction of the Planning Director.
6. Street trees along Route 240 shall be provided as shown on the concept plan.
7. The final site plan shall not be approved until the applicant has provided an access area to the greenway dedication in the north-west section of the property.
8. Water quality and water quantity treatment shall be based on an assumed pre-existing cover of 20% for the site.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on November 14, 2007.
View memo to applicant
View Oct 16 staff report and attachments
View exec summary
View Aug 28 staff report and attachments
View PC minutes: October 16 and August 28, 2007
Return to regular agenda
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.