Revenue Source: General Fund Balance $ 409,779.21
Special Revenue Fund Balance 30,571.10
800 MHz Radio Fund Balance 345,966.26
Mobile Data Fund Balance 534,362.16
School Division Fund Balance 229,870.44
School Special Rev. Fund Bal. 307,108.85
Several departments had funding for projects approved in FY06/07 that had not been completed as of June 30, 2007. This request reappropriates the remaining balances for the uncompleted projects for which purchase orders were outstanding as of June 30, 2007.
Revenue Source: Federal Revenue (Grant) $ 3,118.00
Transfer from Police Dept. 1,041.00
The Department of Criminal Justice Services has awarded the Albemarle County Police Department a grant in the amount of $3,118.00 with a local match of $1,041.00, for a total of $4,159.00. The purpose of this grant is to purchase software, training materials, and participate in training, to develop criminal investigations and eventual prosecutions. The local match of $1,041.00 will be provided from existing appropriated funds within the Police Department’s operating budget.
Revenue Source: State Revenue (Grant) $ 9,000.00
Transfer from Sheriff $ 2,328.00
The Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles has awarded the Albemarle County Sheriff’s Office a grant in the amount of $9,000.00 with a local match of $2,328.00, for a total of $11,328.00. The purpose of this grant is to fund the purchase and installation of two radar units (and associated equipment) and to pay for overtime and expenses for selective enforcement for all trained deputies in the use of radar.
Revenue Source: General Fund Balance $ 4,690.71
Federal Revenue (Grant) 35,445.55
Grant Fund Balance 6,256.43
In an agreement with the Virginia Alcohol Beverage Control Board, the Albemarle County Police Department received $7,000.00 to assist with overtime associated with the combating underage drinking at special events within the County. The grant balance of $4,690.71 will be reappropriated for use in FY07/08.
The Department of Justice, through a federal Bureau of Justice Assistant Grant, provides funding for a primary case manager for foster children whose parent(s) are involved in the Family Treatment Court Program and for on-going Child Protective Cases whose parents are involved in the Family Treatment Court Program. This grant will continue and be completed on April 30, 2008. The grant balance of $41,701.98 will be reappropriated for use in FY07/08.
Revenue Source: Local Revenue (City) $ 100.00
State Revenue (Grant) $ 900.00
The Office of the Attorney General awarded the Albemarle County Sheriff’s Department a grant in the amount of $900.00 with a local match of $100.00 for a total grant award of $1,000.00. The purpose of this grant is to purchase equipment and supplies to assist senior’s in our area to “Say Safe”. These efforts are in conjunction with the Jefferson Area Board of Aging, Alzheimer’s Association, and the local Senior Citizens centers throughout the County. The local match will be paid for by the City of Charlottesville Police Department.
Revenue Source: ECC Fund Balance $196,168.00
The Emergency Communications Center had the following uncompleted projects at the end of FY06/07 that will need to be reappropriated to FY07/08:
· Dispatcher Telecommuting Option - $20,000.00
· Computer Aided Dispatch and Records Systems Review - $50,000.00
· Replacement of current ECC Building Security System - $100,000.00
· Emergency Food Supplies - $1,841.00
· Shelter Training for Local Agencies - $3,000.00
· Replacement Server for the City and County Records Management System - $7,327.00
· ACPO Emergency Medical Dispatch Program - $14,000.00
Revenue Source: General Fund Balance $1,575,243.91
Health Insurance Fund Balance $ 152,933.90
The following departments had FY06/07 funds for specific projects that were uncompleted at June 30, 2007 and will require reappropriation for use in FY07/08:
· County Executive - $18,431.83 for strategic planning
· Office of Management & Budget - $12,000.00 for financial forecasting model
· Magistrate’s Office - $6,917.82 for FY06/07 expenses that were not billed at June 30, 2007
· Juvenile Court - $50,051.00 for FY06/07 operating expenses that were not billed at June 30, 2007
· Police - $ 6,000.00 for uniforms for new police officers approved in FY06/07 but not hired until August 2007
· Fire Rescue - $4,519.03 in donated funds for the Car Safety Seat Program
· Hollymead Fire Station - $49,874.31 for uniforms and equipment for personnel not purchased by June 30, 2007
· General Services
o $24,489.78 for expenses relating to Keene Landfill
o $650,000.00 for the Rivanna Solid Waste Authority contribution
· Stormwater Management – $261,193.14 for contract services
· Community Development/Planning
o $4,500.00 to augment Piedmont Workforce Network’s research of workforce impacts of DIA
o $125,000.00 for Development Area Study
o $37,267.00 for groundwater monitoring
· Housing - $5,000.00 for housing agencies study
· TJPDC - $50,000.00 for the transit study
· CTS – Transit Study - $20,000
· Economic Development Opportunities - $250,000.00
Health Insurance Fund
· The Board approved the use of $227,500.00 in funds from the Health Insurance Fund for the employee Wellness Program. Funds totaling $152,993.90 were unexpended at June 30, 2007.
Appropriation #200802 8 $ 46,804,068.37
Revenue Source: Local Revenues $ 420,250.77
State Revenues $ 270,953.26
Loan Proceeds $14,515,274.00
Gen. Gov. CIP Fund Balance $31,597,590.34
This request reappropriates the remaining balances of General Government Capital Improvement projects that were uncompleted as of June 30, 2007.
Appropriation #2008029 $1,875,399.37
Revenue Source: Storm Water Fund Balance $1,875,399.37
This request reappropriates the remaining balances of Storm Water Management projects that were uncompleted as of June 30, 2007.
Appropriation #2008030 $2,834,316.55
Revenue Source: School CIP Fund Balance $2,834,316.55
This request reappropriates the remaining balances of School Capital Improvement projects that were uncompleted as of June 30, 2007.
Appropriation #2008031 $ 32,679.21
Revenue Source: General Fund Balance $ 32,679.21
In FY06/07, Monticello Fire Station had an insurance claim involving their 1993 Pierce Pumper. In June 2007, the County received a payment from VACo insurance in the amount of $32,679.21 to pay for damages. The vehicle has been repaired and the invoice has now been received and will be paid in FY07/08.
Return to exec summary