1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
6. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
7. 9:30 a.m. - Board-to-Board, Monthly Communications Report from School Board, School Board Chairman.
8. 9:45 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. Primary Road Plan Priorities.
b. Advance Mills Bridge Update.
c. VDOT Monthly Report.
d. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
9. 10:45 a.m. – Overview of Jail Programs, Colonel Ronald Matthews.
10. 11:00 a.m. - Case Study (Avon Park) on Affordable Housing Proffer Policy, Presentation by Jamie Spence.
11. 11:45 a.m. – Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission Legislative Program, David Blount.
12. 12:00 noon – CIP Process Overview.
13. 12:30 p.m. - Closed Session.
14. Certify Closed Session.
2:00 p.m. – Public Hearings:
16. 2008 Budget Amendment.
17. ZTA-2005-009 Density Bonus for Affordable Housing. Amend Sections 3.1, Definitions; 12.4.3, Low and Moderate Cost Housing; 13.4.3, Low and Moderate Cost Housing; 14.4.3, Low and Moderate Cost Housing; 15.4.3, Low and Moderate Cost Housing; 16.4.3, Low and Moderate Cost Housing; 17.4.3 Low and Moderate Cost Housing and 18.4.3, Low and Moderate Cost Housing of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Section 3.1 to add a definition of "affordable housing" and would amend the density bonus regulations for affordable housing in the VR, R-1, R-2, R-4, R-6, R-10 and R-15 zoning districts by changing the references to such housing from "low and moderate cost housing" to "affordable housing," by reducing the percentage of bonus units required to be affordable from 100% to 50% of the allowed bonus density, by increasing the period during which rental units must remain affordable from 5 to 10 years, and by establishing the minimum requirements for qualifying prospective purchasers and renters and the terms and conditions of the affordable rental period.
18. Finance Tax Ordinances:
a. To amend Chapter 1, General Provisions, of the Albemarle County Code to increase the penalty from twenty dollars ($20.00) to thirty-five dollars ($35.00) if a check or other means of payment made to the County or any agency thereof is not paid by the financial institution on which it is drawn. The proposed effective date of this ordinance is January 1, 2008.
b. To amend Chapter 8, Licenses, of the Albemarle County Code to clarify that amounts received for motor fuels tax are exempt from gross receipts for purposes of the business, professional, and occupational license (BPOL) tax, to revise license provisions for bondsmen, to eliminate the requirement that small loan companies be subject to a license tax of two hundred dollars ($200.00), and to cap gross receipts on fuel sales by gasoline retailers for purposes of their business, professional, and occupational license (BPOL) tax. The proposed effective date of this ordinance is January 1, 2008.
c. To amend Chapter 9, Motor Vehicles and Traffic, of the Albemarle County Code to exempt a public service company having a fleet of at least 2,500 vehicles garaged in the Commonwealth from being required to display a local motor vehicle decal or sticker.
d. To amend Chapter 15, Taxation, of the Albemarle County Code to decrease the maximum penalty for the late remittance of transient occupancy tax from 30% to 25% or the amount of the tax, whichever is less; to decrease the maximum penalty for failure or refusal to file a required transient occupancy tax return to 10% of the tax assessable or $10.00, whichever is greater; to make unlawful and punishable as a misdemeanor any willful failure or refusal to file any required transient occupancy tax return; to decrease the maximum penalty for the late remittance of food and beverage tax from 30% to 25% or the amount of the tax, whichever is less; to decrease the maximum penalty for failure or refusal to file a required food and beverage tax return to 10% of the tax assessable or $10.00, whichever is greater; to make unlawful and punishable as a misdemeanor any willful failure or refusal to file any required food and beverage tax return; and to exclude from being subject to the food and beverage tax any amount paid by a purchaser as a mandatory gratuity or service charge added by a restaurant in addition to the sales price to the extent that such mandatory gratuity or service charge does not exceed 20% of the sales price. The proposed effective date of this ordinance is January 1, 2008.
19. To amend Chapter 15, Taxation, of the Albemarle County Code to adjust the eligibility requirements for tax relief under Article VII, Real Estate Tax Exemption for Certain Elderly and Disabled Persons. Specifically, the proposed ordinance amends Section 15-702, Definitions, to increase the acreage excluded from a taxpayer’s net worth from five to ten acres; amends Section 15-704, Persons Eligible for Exemption, to increase the total combined income eligibility limit for taxpayers from $50,000 to $69,452 and the net combined financial worth eligibility limit for taxpayers from $125,000 to $200,000; and amends Section 15-705, Amount of Exemption, by increasing the percentage of real estate tax exempted based upon the amended total combined income and net combined financial worth factors. The proposed effective date of this ordinance is January 1, 2008.
20. From the Board: Committee Reports.
a. Voting Credentials for VACo Annual Business Meeting.
21. Adjourn to October 10, 2007, 2:30 p.m.
6.1 Approval of Minutes: November 1, 2006; April 4 and June 20, 2007.
6.2 FY 2007 Appropriations.
6.3 Resolution to accept roads in Chesterfield Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
6.4 Petty Cash Resolution to Add a Petty Cash Fund for Hollymead Fire Station.
6.5 FY 2007 End-of-Year Preliminary Financial Report.
6.6 Cancel public hearing to grant water line easement to the Albemarle County Service Authority across property owned by the County located on Tax Map Parcel 045B1 necessary for the replacement of a water line along Clarke Lane in the Woodbrook Subdivision.
6.7 Proffer Management - First Quarterly Proffer Report-Cash Proffer Activity.
6.8 Copy of 2007 Statement of Assessed Values for Local Tax Purposes for Railroads and Interstate Pipeline Transmission Companies as prepared by the Department of Taxation. (on file in Clerk's office)
6.9 Copy of certified 2007 Statements of Assessed Values for electric, gas, telecommunications and water companies for Albemarle County, including listing of Motor Vehicle Carrier companies subject to annual Rolling Stock Tax for 2007, as prepared by the State Corporation Commission, Public Service Taxation Division. (on file in Clerk's office)
6.10 Copy of letter dated September 11, 2007, from Ronald L. Higgins, AICP, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Lawrence J. Martin, Trustee, BMC Land Trust, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS -- Tax Map 30, Parcel 10 (one tax parcel that is composed of two parcels of record- Property of BMC Land Trust) Section 10.3.1. – White Hall Magisterial District.
6.11 Copy of letter dated September 11, 2007, from Ronald L. Higgins, AICP, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Yellow Mountain LLC, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS -- Tax Map 70, Parcels 31, 32A & 32B (Property of Yellow Mountain LLC) Section 10.3.1. – White Hall Magisterial District.
6.12 Copy of minutes of the Albemarle County Service Authority for April 19, May 24, June 21 and July 19, 2007.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|