COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
AFD 2007-02 Hardware Ag/For District Renewal
AFD 2007-03 Nortonsville Ag/For District Renewal
Renewal of the Hardware and Nortonsville Local Agricultural and Forestal Districts; determine whether to terminate, modify, or continue these districts.
LEGAL REVIEW: No
September 12, 2007
ACTION: x INFORMATION:
The Planning Commission held a public hearing for these renewals on August 14, 2007. At that meeting the Planning Commission recommended approval of the renewal of both the Hardware and Nortonsville Districts, with the proposed additions, withdrawals, and amending the renewal period for the Nortonsville District from 8 to 10 years.
Since the Planning Commission public hearing, staff has received a request from Mr. Paul Jasiurkowski to add 15.49 acres (TMP 73-39C) to the Hardware District. Staff has also received a request from Mr. Lee Silver to add 25.119 acres (TMP 88-3V) to the Hardware District. These additions lower the net loss of acres during this renewal period from 1,101.398 to 1,060.789.
Staff recommends approval of the proposed changes to the Hardware and Nortonsville districts (including Mr. Jasiurkowski and Mr. Silver’s requests) as follows:
1. The following shall be withdrawn from the Hardware Agricultural and Forestal District:
· Tax Map 87, Parcel 3 and Tax Map 86, Parcels 24C and 24D (469.797 acres)
· Tax Map 88, Parcels 41A, 42A, 5A, 5, and 4 (653.947 acres)
· Tax Map 73, Parcels 45, 46, and 48 (5.167 acres)
· Tax Map 73, Parcel 39B (7.068 acres)
2. The following shall be added to the Hardware Agricultural and Forestal District:
· Tax Map 86, Parcel 16E (13.581 acres)
· Tax Map 88, Parcel 2A (21 acres)
· Tax Map 73, Parcel 39C (15.49 acres )
· Tax Map 88, Parcel 3V (25.119 acres)
3. The renewal cycle for the Nortonsville Agricultural and Forestal District shall be revised from an 8-year to a 10-year interval.
Go to next attachment
Return to PC actions letter