Deed Book 362, page 287 Parcel (1) (The Andrews Property)
The analysis for this begins with deed dated April 1, 1920, in Deed Book 173, page 27. This deed conveyed 1171.71 acres from Julian B. Andrews and Edmonia O. Andrews to Charles E. Hughes. The Property is described as consisting of several tracts as follows:
(1) A tract of about 247 acres described by reference to Deed Book 125, page 25. [Sub-parcel A]
(2) A tract of about 116 acres described by reference to Deed Book 126, page 66. [Sub-parcel B] (Deed Book 96, page 317 Shows 2 parcels containing 35 acres and 81 acres respectively.)
(3) A tract of about 72 acres described by reference to Deed Book 127, page 228. [Sub-parcel C]
(4) A tract of about 27.21 acres described by reference to Deed Book 129, page 187. [Sub-parcel D]
(5) A tract of about 138.7 acres described by reference to Deed Book 129, page 286. [Sub-parcel E]
(6) A tract of about 138.7 acres described by reference to Deed Book 131, page 232. [Sub-parcel F]
(7) Two tracts, one containing about 229.25 acres and another containing about 3 acres. The 229.4-acre tract is part of a 301.25-acre tract described by reference to Deed Book 124, page 272 except for a tract of 72 acres described in (3) above. The 3-acre parcel is described by reference to Deed Book 124, page 270. [Sub-parcel G]
(8) A tract of about 200 acres described by reference to Deed Book 134, page 177. [Sub-parcel H]
On the basis of this deed these tracts are each determined to be separate parcels of record.
Deed Book 362, page 287, dated April 27, 1960 conveyed 3,994 acres from National Bank and Trust Company and Hunter Faulconer, Executors and Trustees under the will of Percy H. Faulconer, deceased, to J.S. Purcell Lumber Corporation. The property is described as Lot No. 2, a portion of “Buckeyeland Farm” on a plat by Carroll Gillispie dated July, August and September, 1960. The deed and plat note that Lot No. 1, containing 490 acres was retained by the Grantors.
The 490-acre tract was comprised of portions of Sub-parcels A, C, E, F, G and H described above. As a result of the creation of the 490-acre tract, Sub-parcels B and D were not affected. Sub-parcels A and C were reduced in size but remained a single piece of land. Sub-parcels E, F, G and H were each physically divided into two separate pieces of land. It is determined that the creation of Lot No. 1 did not serve to subdivide Sub-parcels E, F, G and H into separate legal parcels of record. As a result of this determination the table was revised for Parcels 1e, 1g and 1h to show that these parcels each have a total of five development rights.
Go to next attachment
Return to letter