1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
a. Department of Social Services – SPQA Award.
b. Proclamation recognizing August 26, 2007 as Women’s Equality Day.
5. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
7. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
8. 9:45 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. VDOT Monthly Report.
b. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
Recess – 10:30 a.m.
9. 10:45 a.m. - Albemarle Housing Improvement Program’s Treesdale Project.
10. 11:05 a.m. – Jefferson Institute for Life Long Learning (JILL) Proposal at Albemarle High School.
11. 11:30 a.m. – Commission on Children and Families Strategic Plan Presentation.
12. 11:45 a.m. – Hazardous Duty Employees VRS Retirement Option (formerly VRS LEOs) (deferred from June 6, 2007).
13. Closed Session.
14. Certify Closed Session.
2:00 p.m. – Public Hearings:
16. SP-2007-013. Stony Point Fire Dept Addition (Sign # 106). PROPOSED: Expand existing fire station by adding outbuilding for storage and office uses. LOCATION: 3827 Stony Point Road (Route 20), 0.2 miles south of intersection of Route 20 and Route 600. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 48 Parcel 18D. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
17. ZMA-2007-003. NGIC Expansion (Sign #113). PROPOSAL: Rezone approx. 15 acres from RA Rural Areas Zoning District, which allows agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre), to CO Commercial Office - offices, supporting commercial and service uses; and residential use by special use permit (15 units/ acre) to allow for up to 178,800 square feet of office space in two 4-story buildings of 89,400 square feet each. This proposal also includes two concurrent special use permits SP 07-031 to allow a 3-story 120 unit apartment building and SP 07-32 to allow research and development uses in the proposed office buildings. PROFFERS: Yes. LOCATION: east of Route 29 North, at the end of Boulders Road, adjacent north of the NGIC facility. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Portion of Tax Map 33 Parcels 1D & 1F. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
18. SP-2007-031. NGIC Expansion/Residential (Sign #113) – Refer to ZMA 07-003. PROPOSED: 120 unit three-story apartment building at a SECTION: 184.108.40.206.9uses permitted in Residential R-15 Zoning District. LOCATION: east of Route 29 North, at the end of Boulders Road, adjacent north of the NGIC facility. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Portion of Tax Map 33 Parcels 1D & 1F. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
19. SP-2007-032. NGIC Expansion/Industrial (Sign #113). PROPOSED: Allow for research & development uses within proposed CO Zoning District Office Buildings, 178,800 square feet of office space in two 4-story buildings of 89,400 square feet each. LOCATION: east of Route 29 North, at the end of Boulders Road, adjacent north of the NGIC facility. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Portion of Tax Map 33 Parcels 1D & 1F. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
20. CPA-2005-009, Southern Urban Area B Study amendment and CPA-2005-005, Granger Tract CPA: The proposed amendments would modify the Land Use Plan and Transportation elements of the Comprehensive Plan. Revisions to Neighborhood Five and Neighborhood Six include: updated housing and population information, revised land use designations/recommendations, and new and revised recommendations for road and transportation improvements, including a new Fontaine Avenue-Sunset Avenue connector road and Stadium Road connector road and alternative alignment options for the Southern Parkway consistent with the recommendations of the Southern Urban Area B Study. The proposed land use amendments would change the land use designation for Tax Map 76, Parcel 24 (Granger tract, approx. 70 acres) from Neighborhood Density Residential (3-6 dwelling units per acre) to Office Service which would allow a mixed-use office oriented development. Recommendations regarding the mix of uses and intensification of development are also proposed for the area that includes Tax Map 76, Parcels 17B, 17B1-B8 and 17W and 17BX (Fontaine Research Park). Amendments to the Transportation element of the Comprehensive Plan include incorporating recommendations for new road improvements including a new Fontaine Avenue-Sunset Avenue connector road and Stadium Road connector road.
21. SP-2007-008. Camp Watermarks Amendment (Sign # 47). PROPOSED: Amend existing Special Use Permit to allow maximum 75 campers, 20 staff, 20 x 40 accessory building, one additional cabin, and weekly food delivery. LOCATION: 1145 James River Drive, west of Route 726 and Hatton Ferry Road. TAX MAP/PARCEL: TM 136, Parcels 6B, 9, 9A2, 9D, 9D1, 9E. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
22. SP-2007-0017. Luxor Commercial Vet Office Expansion (Sign #8). PROPOSED: Extension of time allowed to establish Special Use Permit. LOCATION: The 1.377 acre property is located on the north side of Route 250 (Richmond Road) and east of Rolkin Road, between Montessori School and Aunt Sarah's Restaurant. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 78, Parcel 55D. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
4:00 p.m. - Work Session:
23. CPA-2004-02. Pantops Plan.
24. From the Board: Committee Reports.
· Joint City/County Task Force on Affordable Housing.
25. Adjourn to August 8, 2007, 2:00 p.m.
7.1 Approval of Minutes.
7.2 FY 2007 Appropriations.
7.3 FY 2008 Appropriations.
7.4 Resolution: Disaster Declaration Due to Drought Conditions.
7.5 Board-to-Board, August 2007, A Monthly Communications report from the Albemarle County School Board to the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors.
7.6 Copy of letter dated July 16, 2007, from Ronald L. Higgins, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Brian S. Ray, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS -- Tax Map 93, Parcels 1 & 4 (Property of Eastwind Properties LLC) Section 10.3.1. – Scottsville Magisterial District.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|