1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
6. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
7. 9:45 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. Advance Mill Bridge (Route 743), Replacement Bridge Proposal.
b. VDOT Monthly Report.
c. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
8. 10:45 a.m. - Presentation: The Wildlife Foundation.
Recess – 11:00 a.m.
9. 11:10 a.m. - Thomas Jefferson Partnership for Economic Development Performance Review.
10. 11:20 a.m. - 2008 Legislative Priorities.
11. 11:35 a.m. - Appeal: SDP 2006-071 Gillispie – Preliminary Site Plan – Critical Slopes Waiver/Curb and Gutter Request, (Tax Map 61K, Parcels 10-0A and 10-0A2). Request for Preliminary Site Plan to allow the construction of two (2) residential condominium units totaling 16,023 sf, and 7 total dwelling units on 1.71 acres, and is zoned R4 (Residential). The property is described as Tax Map 61K, Parcels 10-0A and 10-0A2, and is located at the end of Inglewood Drive, near its intersection with Hydraulic Road (Route 631). The Comprehensive Plan designates this property as Neighborhood Density in Urban Area 7. Jack Jouett Magisterial District.
12. Closed Session.
13. Certify Closed Session.
15. Appeal: SDP-2006-081. Black Cat Road Service Station Preliminary Site Plan Waiver Requests, Tax Map 94, Parcels 38 and 39). (Deferred from April 4, 2007)
16. Amendment to Lewis and Clark Center Lease Agreement.
17. To consider granting to the City of Charlottesville Gas Division a gas line easement on North Berkshire Road Extended.
18. SP-2007-11. Oak Ridge Church Picnic Pavilion (Sign # 103). PROPOSED: Construction: 20' x 40' picnic pavilion. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre). SECTION: 10.2.2.35 Church building and adjunct cemetery. LOCATION: 7734 Old Dominion Road, off Green Creek Road, Schuyler. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 126, Parcel 21A. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
19. SP-2007-16. Mt. Alto Church Amendment (Sign # 109). PROPOSED: Expansion of church alter area, additional choir space. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre). SECTION: 10.2.2.35 Church building and adjunct cemetery. LOCATION: 4330 Mt. Alto Road, off Howardsville Turnpike, Esmont. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 133, Parcel 16. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
20. SP-2007-10. Cutright - Development Right (Signs #111, 112). PROPOSED: Special Use Permit to acquire two additional development rights. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre). SECTION: 10.2.2 (28) Divisions of land as provided in Section 10.5.2.1 and Section 10.5.2.1 where permitted by Special Use Permit. LOCATION: 3544 Red Hill School Road; southeast corner of Red Hill School Road (RT. 760) and Monacan Trail Road (RT 29) - North Garden. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 88-6A1. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
21. SP-2007-014. The Rocks Subdivision (Lot 1) (Signs #107,108). PROPOSED: Amend special use permit for Rural Preservation Development with more than 20 development lots to change condition of approval regarding location of development lots in relation to Ivy Creek. Proposed change would prevent development between Ivy Creek and Dick Woods Road. LOCATION: Dick Woods Road (Route 637), approximately 500 feet west of intersection with on-ramp to Route 64 East. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 74 Parcel 18D. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
22. ZTA-2007-002 – Proffers. Amend Sections 2.3, Conflicting Ordinances; 3.1, Definitions; and 33.3, Proffer of Conditions, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend the references to the state enabling authority for conditional zoning, amend the definition of “proffer,” and would change the state enabling authority under which the County accepts proffers from Virginia Code § 15.2-2298 to Virginia Code § 15.2-2303.
23. AFD-2007-001. An ordinance to amend section 3-215, Hatton Agricultural and Forestal District, of Division 2, Districts, of Article II, Districts of Statewide Significance, of Chapter 3, Agricultural and Forestal Districts, of the Albemarle County. The proposed ordinance would add Tax Map and Parcel Numbers 135-14B and 136-2A to the District.
24. CPA-2005-02, Growth Management Policy Update. Amend the Land Use Plan component of the Albemarle County Comprehensive Plan by revising the Growth Management and Public Facilities sections to be consistent with the more-recently adopted Rural Areas component of the Comprehensive Plan. Amendment would change policy identifying agriculture and forestry as priority uses in the Rural Areas to a policy identifying multiple important aspects of the Rural Areas to be protected.
25. 4:00 p.m. - Work Session: ZMA-2005-17. Biscuit Run.
26. From the Board: Committee Reports.
Approval of Minutes: (Remove from
6.2 FY 2007 Budget Appropriations.
6.3 FY 2008 Budget Appropriations.
6.4 CPA-2007-003, Green Building and Sustainability Amendment. (Deferred from June 6, 2007)
6.5 Charlottesville Transit Service Recommendation for Use of Additional Transit Funding.
6.6 Resolution of the Industrial Development Authority authorizing the issuance of revenue bonds, pursuant to the Industrial Development and Revenue Bond Act, in an amount not to exceed $30,000,000 for Thomas Jefferson Foundation, Inc.
6.7 Update on County’s use of U.S. Senate Productivity and Quality Award Program and the Baldridge National Quality Program’s Criteria for Performance Excellence.
6.8 Copy of letter dated June 12, 2007, from William D. Fritz, Chief of Zoning, to John Griffin, re: LOD 2007-005-OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS -- Tax Map 94, Parcel 41A-Scottsville District (Property of Karen S. Johnson) Section 10.3.1.
6.9 Copy of letter dated June 14, 2007, from William D. Fritz, Chief of Zoning, to Donna Bennett, re: LOD 2007-006-OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS -- Tax Map 25, Parcel 21A-White Hall District (Property of James or Donna Bennett) Section 10.3.1.
6.10 Copy of letter dated June 22, 2007, from Ronald L. Higgins, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Brenda Beerman Trickey, Esquire, McGuireWoods LLP, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION ZONING -- Tax Map 61Z, Parcel 5-Rio District (Property of Branchlands Retirement Village, Branchlands Drive Development of the Whistler House Property [.9892 acres].
6.11 Copy of Joint Application of Virginia Electric and Power Company D/B/A/ Dominion Virginia Power and Trans-Allegheny Interstate Line Company for Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity to Construct Facilities (Case No. PUE-2007-00031) (on file in Clerk's office).
6.12 Copy of draft Planning Commission minutes of May 8, 2007.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|