1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
6. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
7. 9:30 a.m. - Board to Board, Monthly Communications Report, School Board Chairman.
8. 9:45 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. VDOT Monthly Report.
b. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
9. 10:15 a.m. Annual Housing Report.
10. 10:30 a.m. Appeal: SUB-2007-059, Meadows Estates - Vacating Coopers Lane (AKA Terrior Road) Final: Request to vacate a previously recorded public street right-of-way. Concurrent with this vacation is a request for authorization by the Planning Commission to allow creation of a private street in the Rural Areas, in accordance with Section 14-232A(3). The property, described as public street right-of-way and known as Cooper Lane, is approximately 5.26 acres. Meadows Estates subdivision is zoned Rural Areas (RA). This site is located in the Scottsville Magisterial District on the southeast side of Carters Mountain Road (State Route #627).
Recess 11:00 a.m.
11. 11:15 a.m. Natural Heritage Committee Annual Report.
11:30 a.m. Public Hearings:
12. An ordinance to amend Chapter 2, Administration, of the Albemarle County Code, to amend Section 2-202, Compensation of board of supervisors, to increase the compensation of board of supervisor members by 4.00% effective July 1, 2007 from $13,530.00 per annum to $14,071.00 per annum.
13. An ordinance to amend Chapter 1, General Provisions, of the Albemarle County Code, by amending Section 1-119, Additional court costs, to increase the fee authorized by Virginia Code Section 53.1-120 from $5.00 to $10.00 that is assessed against defendants convicted of an offense in criminal or traffic cases in the Albemarle County General District or Circuit Courts and to expand the authorized expenditure of funds generated by the fee, currently limited to courthouse security personnel, to include equipment and other personal property used in connection with courthouse security. This ordinance will be effective on and after July 1, 2007.
14. 12:00 p.m. - Closed Session.
15. Certify Closed Session.
2:00 p.m. - Public Hearings:
17. Proposed FY 2007 Budget Amendment.
18. Wickham Pond, Phase Two - To amend the Albemarle County Service Authority Jurisdictional Area to provide water and sewer service to Tax Map 56, Parcels 91 and 91B. Located on south side of Route 240, adjacent and to the west of the previously approved Wickham Pond development, in the Community of Crozet. White Hall Dist.
19. SP-2007-003, North Pointe Stream Crossing Middle Entrance (Signs #40,&74): PROPOSAL: Fill in the floodplain of Flat Branch Creek for a road crossing to provide access for the North Pointe development. LOCATION: East Side of Route 29 North (Seminole Trail) across from Northside Drive. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 32-20, 32-23. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
20. ZMA-2006-021, Avemore Commercial Amendment (Sign #80). PROPOSAL: Rezone 1/10 acre from R-10 Residential (10 units/acre) to R-15 Residential (15 units/acre) to allow for an addition to the parking area to support Avemore Commercial. LOCATION: a portion of Garnett Center Drive, East of Route 20 North (Stony Point Road), South of Fontana Drive. TAX MAP/PARCEL: TMP 78-B-3-1. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
21. SP-2006-044, Avemore Commercial Amendment (Sign #80). PROPOSAL: Addition of a small area to Avemore commercial (approved SP-2000-69 & SP-2000-70) to allow for parking to support the commercial uses. LOCATION: a portion of Garnett Center Drive, East of Route 20 North (Stony Point Road), South of Fontana Drive. TAX MAP/PARCEL: TMP 78-B-3-1. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
22. SP-2007-002, Farm Worker Housing (Sign #38): PROPOSAL: Farm worker housing facilities including 5 sleeping cabins and 1 kitchen/bath structure for 10 seasonal workers. LOCATION: 571 Coles Rolling Road (Route 712), approximately 1 mile east of the intersection with Route 713. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 122 Parcel 10. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
23. CPA-2005-02, Growth Management Policy Update. Amend the Land Use Plan component of the Albemarle County Comprehensive Plan by revising the Growth Management and Public Facilities sections to be consistent with the more-recently adopted Rural Areas component of the Comprehensive Plan. Amendment would change policy identifying agriculture and forestry as priority uses in the Rural Areas to a policy identifying multiple important aspects of the Rural Areas to be protected.
24. CPA-2007-003, Green Building and Sustainability Amendment. Amend the Natural Resources and Cultural Assets components of the Comprehensive Plan in support of the Countys sustainability initiative. Amendments to the Comprehensive Plan include text that establish general parameters for achieving goals with respect to green building, address County buildings and operations in terms of energy efficiency and sustainability, and provide support for the development community and the public in general relative to green building and sustainability.
25. 3:15 p.m. 4:00 p.m. - Work Session: Community Development Work Program.
26. 4:00 p.m. 4:30 p.m. - Places29 Update, Review of Public Process.
27. From the Board: Committee Reports.
28. Adjourn to June 13, 2007, 2:30 p.m.
6.0 FY 2007 Appropriation to Purchase Voting Machines.
6.1 Approval of Minutes: October 4, 2006 and March 7, 2007.
6.2 Resolutions of Appropriations for the Albemarle County Operating and Capital Budgets for FY 2007/2008.
6.3 Resolution - Avon Court Industrial Access Grant.
6.4 Rural Rustic Road Paving Projects Bishop Hill Road (Route 734), Gilbert Station Road (Route 640) and Maxfield Road (Route 647).
6.5 Road Name Change Junaina Devonhurst Drive to Devonhurst Drive.
6.6 Revised Petty Cash Resolution.
6.7 Request to change road names in Old Trail Creekside.
6.8 Adopt resolution authorizing Chairman to sign revised Darden Towe Park Agreement.
6.9 Resolution - Law Enforcement Employees VRS Retirement Option.
6.10 Resolution to accept the Relocation of Route 606 (Old Dickerson Road) in the State Secondary System Rio District.
6.11 Resolution to accept the abandonment of Route 649 (Airport Road) in the State Secondary Road System Rio District.
6.12 Historic Preservation Committee Update.
6.13 Lewis and Clark Center Phase I Development Plan.
6.14 Lake Hollymead Sediment Removal.
6.15 Agricultural Exemptions to Erosion and Sediment Control.
6.16 Citizens Advisory Committee for the Charlottesville-Albemarle Public Defender Office 2006 Annual Report.
6.17 Copy of letter dated May 16, 2007, from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Martin Albert, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS -- Tax Map 33, Parcel 25A-Rivanna District (Property of Martin Albert) Section 10.3.1.
6.18 Copy of application of Virginia Electric and Power Company to revise its cogeneration tariff pursuant to PURPA Section 210 Case No. PUE-2007-00034.
6.19 Copy of minutes of the Albemarle County Service Authority Board of Directors of February 15 and March 15, 2007.
6.20 Copy of Planning Commission minutes of April 3 (draft), April 10 (final), and May 8 (draft), 2007.
6.21 Groundwater Monitoring Program Status Report.
6.22 Comparative Report of Local Government Revenues and Expenditures for Fiscal Year ended June 30, 2006 in accordance with Section 15.2-2510 of the Code of Virginia, as prepared by the Auditor of Public Accounts. (on file in Clerk's office)
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|