April 25, 2007
226 East High Street
Charlottesville, VA 22902
RE: SP 2004-00050, Flow Automotive Companies Sales and Display (Sign #60)
Tax Map 78, Parcels 15E and 15D
Dear Mr. Sheeran:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on April 17, 2007, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. Vehicles shall not be elevated anywhere on site.
2. Vehicles shall be displayed only in areas indicated for display shown on the site plan entitled “Flow Automotive,” prepared by the Collins Engineering, dated April 2, 2007.
3. Display parking shall be only in designated striped parking spaces as identified on this plan.
4. Final site plan approval is subject to ARB approval of the landscape plan (submitted with the site plan). Landscaping shown on the plan may be required to be in excess of the minimum requirements of ARB guidelines or the Zoning Ordinance to compensate forthe negative visual impact of the proposed use, particularly regarding the retaining wall on the west side of the property.
5. Final site plan approval is subject to the recordation of easements for ingress/egress, as well as the installation, maintenance and use of parking spaces, planter islands, and landscaping on adjacent parcels (Tax Map 78, Parcels 15D and 15E).
6. Final site plan approval is subject to ARB approval of the lighting plan (which shall be submitted with the site plan). Maximum light levels on site shall not exceed 30 foot candles. Maximum spillover lighting requirements must also be met.
View staff report
View PC minutes of February 20 and April 17, 2007
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on May 2, 2007.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.
Chief of Planning