December 8, 2006
Valerie Andres, P.E.
301 East High St.
Charlottesville VA 22902
RE: SP 2006-020 First Christian Church (Signs #74, 77)
Tax Map 79 Parcel 24A
Dear Ms. Andres:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on November 28, 2006, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1) The church’s improvements and the scale and location of the improvements shall be developed in general accord with the conceptual plan entitled “First Christian Church,” prepared by McKee Carson, and dated 11-14-2006.
2) The area of assembly shall be limited to a maximum 306-seat sanctuary.
3) No grading or tree removal shall take place within the area marked "area not to be disturbed" on the conceptual plan or within the 75-foot setback adjacent to Route 250 East.
4) No erosion and sedimentation control plan nor building permit shall be approved for the area marked "area not to be disturbed" without prior approval of a tree conservation plan complying with section 126.96.36.199 of the Zoning Ordinance.
5) All parking setbacks and undisturbed buffers required by Zoning Ordinance section 21.7, Minimum Yard Requirements, shall apply if this use is developed.
6) All outdoor lighting shall be arranged or shielded to reflect light away from the abutting properties.
7) The existing prescriptive right-of-way along this parcel’s Keswick Road (Rte. 731) frontage shall be replaced with a public right-of-way at least 25 ft wide and dedicated to public use.
8) There shall be no day care center or private school on site without approval of a separate special use permit;
9) If the use, structure, or activity for which this special use permit is issued is not commenced within sixty (60) months after the permit is issued, the permit shall be deemed abandoned and the authority granted thereunder shall thereupon terminate.
View staff report
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on January 10, 2006.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.