October 19, 2006
Williams Mullen, PC
321 East Main Street, Suite 400
Charlottesville, VA 22902
RE: ZMA 2006-010 Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport Authority – Pleasant Grove Baptist Church (Sign #39)
SP 2006-024 Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport Authority – Pleasant Grove Baptist Church (Sign #39)
Tax Map 31, Parcel 27A (2.00 acre portion)
Dear Ms. Long:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on October 10, 2006, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petitions to the Board of Supervisors.
Regarding ZMA-2006-010, the Commission unanimously recommended approval of ZMA 2006-010, Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport Authority – Pleasant Grove Baptist Church, to the Board of Supervisors.
Regarding SP-2006-024, the Commission unanimously recommended approval of SP-2006-24, Albemarle Airport Authority – Pleasant Grove Baptist Church, to the Board of Supervisors, subject to the following conditions:
1. Special Use Permit 2006-24 shall be developed in general accord with the following: “Proposed 2.000 acre division off of Tax Map 31, Parcel 27A” prepared by Kirk Hughes and Associates and Concept plan dated June 23, 2006, prepared by Kirk Hughes and Associates, and titled “Pleasant Grove Baptist Church” (Attachments A1 and A2)
2. A site development plan shall be required.
3. Setbacks for the church property shall be 75 feet front, 25 feet sides, and 35 feet rear.
4. A 20 foot buffer (no disturbance zone) shall be maintained continuous along the boundary between the church property and TMP 31-23J to the north.
5. A 50 foot buffer (no disturbance zone) shall be established the full length of the easternmost property boundary of the church parcel; a tree protection plan shall be required as part of site plan approval.
6. Sanctuary and classroom expansion, or the addition of day care and other non-worship uses, will require amendment to this petition.
7. Section 14-404 is waived to allow for a separate vehicular entrance from Earlysville Road serving the church parcel only.
8. VDOT approval of vehicular entrance shall be required.
9. Virginia State Health Department approval of well and septic systems shall be required
10. The applicant is required to coordinate verification of adequate fire flow with the Fire Department during the building permit process.
11. Five years shall be allowed from the date of approval of this Special Use Permit to the commencement of the use.
Regarding your two waiver requests from Section 14-404 to allow a vehicular entrance from Earlysville Road serving the church parcel only and the 5-year time element allowed for construction, the Commission unanimously approved the two waiver requests.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on November 1, 2006.
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.
Amy R. Arnold