August 23, 2006
Executive Director SOCA
200 Four Seasons Drive, Suite B
Charlottesville, VA 22901
RE: SP-2006-014 SOCA Club Offices at South Fork Soccer Park Amendment (Sign #27)
Tax Map 46 Parcel 26C1
Dear Mr. Mueller:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on August 8, 2006, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. Special Use Permit 2006-14 shall be developed in general accord with the concept plan, titled ‘SOCA at South Fork New Offices at Existing South Fork Soccer Park’ (Attachment A.) and dated August 4, 2006. However, the Zoning Administrator may approve revisions to the concept plan to allow compliance with the Zoning Ordinance.
2. No exterior lighting shall be installed;
3. No loudspeakers or public address system shall be permitted;
4. No portion of any athletic field shall be located closer than seventy-five (75) feet to any lot line;
5. Compliance with the provisions of 5.1.16;
6. The vehicular entrance to the site shall be gated to prevent use of the site after hours and during flood events;
7. Water quality measures shall be provided to achieve water quality at least equivalent to pre-development conditions, subject to the approval of the Water Resources Manager;
8. Route 643, Polo Grounds Road, shall be upgraded with a minimum of 1.5 inches of SM-2A from Route 29 to the entrance of the soccer fields. This work shall be completed prior to the applicant making use of both SP-98-18/SP-98-22 [Soccer Fields] and SP 90-35 [Church]. The applicant may make use of one of the special use permits without the need to upgrade Route 643, Polo Grounds Roads;
9. The owner shall reserve a one hundred (100) foot wide strip of land the length of the property abutting the northern side of the Rivanna River for the Rivanna Greenway. The width of the reserved area shall be measured from the edge of the Rivanna River at its normal flow level. When the County decides to establish a public area or park, including canoe access, the owner shall dedicate the reserved area to the County and such property necessary for ingress and egress to the reserved area;
10. The applicant shall cooperate with the University of Virginia Department of Anthropology regarding development and further archaeological study of the site, specifically, the Applicant shall grant the Department permission to collect artifacts from any plowing or other soil disturbance of the site, and allow the Department to be present for the excavation of the French Drain on the western edge of the soccer field.
11. The use of the buildings shall be limited to restrooms, equipment storage, a concession counter, and offices for the soccer organization. The interior area of the new office structure shown on the concept plan shall not exceed 1,000 square feet.
12. The concession counter shall be open only during use of the soccer fields; and
13. A tot lot shall be provided.
View staff report
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on September 6, 2006.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.