July 26, 2006
Peter J Caramanis, Esq.
Tremblay & Smith LLP
105 East High Street
Charlottesville, VA 22902
RE: SP-2006-011 Mosby Mountain Stream Crossing (Signs #14,22)
Tax Map 90E, Parcel A0
Dear Mr. Caramanis:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on July 11, 2006, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors, by a vote of 6:1.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. Albemarle County Community Development Department approval and VDOT approval of final grading plans and box culvert and road plans and computations;
2. Albemarle County Community Development Department approval of an Erosion and Sediment Control Plan to include stabilization of fill;
3. Albemarle County Community Development Department approval of mitigation plans for disturbance of the stream buffer;
4. If a box culvert is utilized it must be cast in place or otherwise constructed to provide for countersinking of one barrel of the culvert to provide for normal and low flows in a manner satisfactory to the approved U.S. Army Corps of Engineers water quality permit.
5. The applicant must provide computations showing no rise in the 100-year floodplain.
6. In an effort to minimize environmental degradation, no soil shall be removed from the stream to compensate for any fill.
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on August 2, 2006.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.
Natural Resources Manager